DVR Drops Sound when Fast Forwarding or Rewinding

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR Drops Sound when Fast Forwarding or Rewinding

craigtaz
Extra
I have a Dish VIP 612 receiver in my RV. It is connected to a Magnavox TV and a Sony surround sound system via HDMI and optical audio cable. When I fast forward or rewind a DVR recording, I will lose sound for about 5 seconds. Sometimes I will lose it completely and am forced to power down/up the receiver. I called your tech support several months ago, but the tech only suggested I swap out the optical audio cable, which I did. This did nothing.

I have a Hopper receiver inside my home. Today I replaced my home TV with a Samsung. It too is connected to a Sony surround sound system in the same manner. I am now experiencing the same sound issues with my new TV. What is causing this? Please help!
2 Replies

Re: DVR Drops Sound when Fast Forwarding or Rewinding

Chadt41411
Casting Director
If you go straight HDMI to tv, does it still happen?
Highlighted

Re: DVR Drops Sound when Fast Forwarding or Rewinding

Forejoe
Character Actor
I have the same issues with my Vizio SB3651 soundbar. I have it connected, via hdmi cables, from the 612 to the soundbar in port then from the soundbar hdmi arc out port to a TCL 55 inch hdmi arc in port. When I skip forward or skip back, it loses all sound. This includes even when shutting of the soundbar. There is no sound at all coming from the tv speakers when the soundbar has been turned off. This is very frustrating. I can bypass this problem if I connect directly from the 612 to the tv with the hdmi and operate the soundbar via a optical cable from the tv to the soundbar. This is a pain in the arce since I have to either use two remotes or activate the aux button on the 612 remote control the volume.