cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DVR Didn't Record Scheduled Show

BamCat
Character Actor

I have a Hopper 3, and the DVR is 8% full.  On Tuesday, the DVR was scheduled to record three shows at 10:00 pm.  Two of them recorded fine, and the third (The Rookie on ABC) did not.  When I checked the schedule, the following is listed for the missed program:  Timer Started 4/9 10:00p; Recording Started Not Applicable; Timer Stopped 4/9 11:00p; Recording Stopped Not Applicable.

Because this was an isolated incident (every scheduled program since then has recorded perfectly), I'm just curious as to what could have caused it.

6 Replies

Re: DVR Didn't Record Scheduled Show

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Have you checked your prime time anytime folder?

*edit to fix colder to folder.

BamCat
Character Actor
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t use the Primetime Anytime feature.

DISH Employee

Good question BamCat, I will look into it and see what I can find.  What I suspect is most likely in this case, is we just had innacurate episode information for that particular airing of the Rookie. 

Our data is provided by the actual channel providers themselves, and while rare, sometimes the data is labelled incorrectly.  For example, it might say a new episode is not new, or vice versa, and this can cause some events that should be recorded to be skipped.

baldman1
Visual Engineer

It's probably because something was edited on the program guide that caused it. If they change anything in the guide the timer sees that and cancels the program. It happens all the time with new programs.

BamCat
Character Actor

I've seen the DVR skip a new program that it thought was a rerun, but in this case, the schedule showed a green checkmark next to the missed program (which indicates that recording has been completed) even though the recording started and stopped times were noted as not applicable.  Weird!

Sherchap
Extra

I had this issue last night. Chicago Fire was scheduled to record...green checkmark next to it that says completed in living room. However when you look at the shedule where is shows what time the recording started and stopped both areas say not applicable and it did not record.