DVR 722 Making a lot of noise

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR 722 Making a lot of noise

dschocke
Extra
I posted this once before but was unable to finish with the rep I had, so I'm posting it again. Our HD in our DVR is freezing up both playback and live TV on occasion. We also have a lot of noise coming from the unit itself. It has shut down on a few occasions. I've gotten in the habit of unplugging it before I leave for work because it seems to be overheating. It is in a well ventilated area. Up until recently, there was an open window behind it for most of the summer. The last rep I talked to said that it might need to be replaced.
2 Replies

Re: DVR 722 Making a lot of noise

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Sounds like it definitely is going to be replaced. I’d do it sooner rather than later.

Re: DVR 722 Making a lot of noise

DISH Employee
dschocke wrote:
I posted this once before but was unable to finish with the rep I had, so I'm posting it again. Our HD in our DVR is freezing up both playback and live TV on occasion. We also have a lot of noise coming from the unit itself. It has shut down on a few occasions. I've gotten in the habit of unplugging it before I leave for work because it seems to be overheating. It is in a well ventilated area. Up until recently, there was an open window behind it for most of the summer. The last rep I talked to said that it might need to be replaced.

Noise is usually the first indication that the fan and or hard drive is starting to go.
Our first recommendation is to back up recordings to an external hard drive http://www.mydish.com/support/use-ehd for instructions or specs needed when getting one.

We would also suggest, like Chad to do this as soon as possible as your hard drive may crash. This issue will only get worse and doesn't normally correct itself.
You can reach one of us in green to get a replacement or for immediate assistance 800-333-3474 to speak to an agent.