DISH programming change requires a new antenna?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISH programming change requires a new antenna?

RabidGreen
Extra
Called Dish to change programming and they wouldn't do it because they said I need a new antenna! What a bunch of bunk. Everything is working just fine. What make's them think my antenna is bad??
9 Replies

Re: DISH programming change requires a new antenna?

You probably need a migration depending on what satellites you have installed right now. Please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can review this.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

RabidGreen
Extra
I own my equipment and the portable setup I use for camping is on a tripod. I have always set it up myself and am getting all three birds, 110W, 119W, and 129W. It's a PAYG account and works just fine.
I wanted to downgrade my service. That's a problem?

DISH Employee
That would depend on what programming you are wanting to change to. It is best to send us a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN to better assist.

RabidGreen
Extra
Downgrading to less channels.
Why do I need to buy a new antenna? Simple question should have a simple answer.
I [u:3a792syt]was[/u:3a792syt] looking into the Tailgater or Pathway X2 and am now glad I didn't go this route or it could get very expensive to buy new antennas if you wanted to change programming.

That would depend on the account. If you would like our assistance please send us a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Chadt41411
Casting Director
If the locals are on eastern Arc, it would require a migration. That is why they are asking to review your account.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
From his post on another forum, the OP is in the Des Moines, IA market. The locals are on both arcs in HD there. I don't know of any reason he would need a new antenna.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
NYDutch wrote:
From his post on another forum, the OP is in the Des Moines, IA market. The locals are on both arcs in HD there. I don't know of any reason he would need a new antenna.

My guess, Des Moines is migrating. Either that, or it is just not tracking on their portal correctly. Most dual arcs have switched. A few remaining. Some I know are planned to change, some not.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Chadt4141 wrote:
NYDutch wrote:

My guess, Des Moines is migrating. Either that, or it is just not tracking on their portal correctly. Most dual arcs have switched. A few remaining. Some I know are planned to change, some not.

That could be it, I suppose...