DISH charges customers to fix their equipment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISH charges customers to fix their equipment

Fred
Extra

I called dish because I keep getting a 015a code popping up every few minutes. I was told there would be a $95. Charge to have someone come fix the problem. I told them I don't own this equipment that dish owns it. Why would I pay dish to fix there equipment. If my hot water heater starts leaking I'm not going to pay the landlord to come fix it. I can't wait for my two years to be up. I never had this problem with direct tv.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DISH charges customers to fix their equipment

DISH Employee

Fred, this is certainly not the experience we want you to have. We want our customer with working service. Are you still seeing the 015a message? If so, please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to review your account further. 

3 Replies

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Actually you own everything but the Set Top Box. You took ownership of it when you started services. They are charging you to fix YOUR equipment, not theirs.

peggyrh
Associate Producer

They've charged for a service call for years, Direct TV does the same thing - that's why they offer a Protection Plan.

DISH Employee

Fred, this is certainly not the experience we want you to have. We want our customer with working service. Are you still seeing the 015a message? If so, please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to review your account further.