DISH Fixed it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISH Fixed it.

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer
I don't know if anybody would be interested in this thread, but most threads complain about what is wrong and why DISH hasn't fixed it. It's a little depressing.

So I thought if you had an issue or a problem, other people probably had it too, and if DISH fixed it, it might be nice to know it's finally fixed.

For example, months ago I couldn't Custom Name my remote controls. I mean, I could pick one of their premade selections and that would work, and I could type a custom name in, but the custom name would revert to something else. It wouldn't stick - no matter how often I tried it.

Well, today I had reason to try again, and it works now. Thanks, DISH.

Note: You may have to turn off your Hopper or Joey and TV and turn them back on before some changes show themselves. Renaming your Joeys or Hoppers, for example. They take the name, but the TV Activity board shows the old name until you shut off that Joey or Hopper. After that, the new names are there. Great. :D
So, who else had a problem that DISH finally fixed? And what was it?
7 Replies

Re: DISH Fixed it.

stile99
Cinematographer
It took a couple software updates after the one that broke it, but I am very happy I don't have to find my Bluetooth headphones every single day, THEN re-pair them, THEN connect them.

Morkai
Character Actor
I noticed last night the progress bar is no longer in the way while using slow motion! I guess they do listen to us after all. THANK YOU!!

tommyy2
Visual Engineer
Great now if they just made it so the Hopper would reliably record the shows it's set to record
(a known issue for how long?)

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer
My progress bar hangs around for 5 seconds, but after that, it will go frame by frame.

Oh, yeah, if you hit slow right away, the progress bad used to stay there, but now it goes away immediately. Cool.

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer
I also notice when binge watching, when I went to the main selections at the top (DVR, Live TV, it used to default to Live TV. That was annoying. I had to always click over from Live TV to DVR and select that. Now, it defaults to DVR, so I no longer have to scroll left.

Little differences sometimes make a big difference.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
I will be nice for once about dish not fixing things..

They final fixed the issue where they hopper3 was send feed back of 15-30kbps constantly threw the entire network if it was connect to the wifi. this effect was noticeable if you look at the windows taskmanager and network tab you would see constant 15-30kbps showing so long as the hopper 3 was connected.

This feedback is gone. now lets see if there may 15th date fixed there guide screw up or if that get pushed back. I serously hope new updates dont bring back the feedback that was happen though.

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer
Looks like DISH fixed the 200% size closed captain problem that had the Hopper crashing and reseting on certain channels but only during certain shows.

That took some time.