DISH DVR is pure junk....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISH DVR is pure junk....

silv9899
Extra
Had both verizon and Comcast, DVR was great. I definitely would not recommend dish to anyone with the reliability I had the past months with Dish'S DVR recording my shows... Dish often will not record my shows, and I don't know it unless I spend hours looking over the schedule and reversing dishes dvr decisions..

It often skips my shows and when I check what went wrong ..the message says Recording skipped: already scheduled or recorded.... Yes it was scheduled..it was a new show and thus should have been recorded... The dvr chose not to record the show... The statement already recorded???? Then where is it....

Dish even with the hopper 3 is definitely in the dark ages compared to the other providers. Help.... anyone know of a solution, short of just dropping the dish.,
11 Replies

Re: DISH DVR is pure junk....

JohnAV
Character Actor
I've been with DISH for more than 15 years and have NEVER had a DVR last more the 6 months. I just replaced the Hopper 3 after only 5 months, a new record.

I also have certain programs on certain channels not record properly. I'll set up a new SERIES timer and it won't automatically record any future programs at all. In this instance, every program must be manually set to record.

The only thing keeping me with DISH are my archived programs saved on external hard drives. If these programs could be read and played by DIRECT TV, or any other provider, I'd be gone today.

Equipment quality is not a concern for DISH. 15 years of continuous failure says it all.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
Dish "updates" screwed the guide up 342?? which in turn screw the timers up, as of 345 both issue still arnt fix

Hopper with sling and Hopper 3 are worse boxes i ever had from dish in terms of glitchy buggs 4 612dvr I had never had any of these issue,

BillK
Audio Engineer
JohnAV wrote:
I've been with DISH for more than 15 years and have NEVER had a DVR last more the 6 months.

My Hopper 3 and Joey 4K replaced two 722s that had been in daily use, one for three years and one for seven.

The three year 722 was a replacement for one that had gone four years before having disk issues; the hard drives in most PCs don't last that long and they're not constantly in use 24x7x365.

tommyy2
Audio Engineer
BillK wrote:
JohnAV wrote:
I've been with DISH for more than 15 years and have NEVER had a DVR last more the 6 months.

My Hopper 3 and Joey 4K replaced two 722s that had been in daily use, one for three years and one for seven.

The three year 722 was a replacement for one that had gone four years before having disk issues; the hard drives in most PCs don't last that long and they're not constantly in use 24x7x365.

Bet your Hopper don't last that long.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
My Hopper and two Joeys have been working good for me for past two years since I updated from H1. Aside issues like black screen when doing channel recalls and Netflix hiccups here and there all which have been fixed. HW has been stable for me. Even using the unsupported LAN connections for Joeys, system is rocking with 3 Joeys now.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Going on 3 years with two Hopper2's, including one that's permanently installed in the motorhome we travel in and live in for 10 months or so each year. We have had zero equipment problems with either one despite the deplorable condition of many of our country's highways, and the only things we've had to replace are remote batteries and a coax for our portable dish that got run over.

BillK
Audio Engineer
tommyy2 wrote:
BillK wrote:
JohnAV wrote:

Bet your Hopper don't last that long.

Perhaps, perhaps not, but if it's due to a failing hard drive that's precisely [b:2udrdhnk]0[/b:2udrdhnk]% DISH's fault; they don't make hard drives.

cmoguer
Extra
I have been a Dish customer for 17 years. This,I assure you will be my last. The issues are NOT hard disk dying. They are mostly associated with the Hopper 3. It is the worst PVR reliability wise that I have had in those 17 years. Now the latest is it not recognizing the external disk. NONE of them and I have 5. Prior to that, no timers would work. Prior to that, the system just died. No hard disk error - nothing. No more. I have accepted that I will lose the saved programming and am resorting to other ways of storing files. This is the third H3 in less than a year. Absolute garbage. Main likely caused by poor change control and regression testing resulting from poor management of patches. Whatever it is, I do not care and will not be a customer for much longer.17 years is a lot longer than I should have stayed and they won't get me back any time soon and if they do in a decade or so, I will jump ship as soon as the incentive pricing expires. There is absolutely no incentive to staying with a provider long term now a days. They sure a heck don't give you better service. I am making active arrangements to get another provider. I cannot wait when they try to keep me by lowering the rate. I will have a few choice words. Nothing will keep me here. Dish used to be reliable. No more.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Whats a PVR? :shock:

Been reliable since 96 for me.
I'm still on same H3 for two years now. Same unit. Just added another Joey.