cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Control Bose Solo Soundbar with Dish Remote 52.0

MauiBill
Character Actor

Does anyone have a tip on how to control a Bose Solo Soundbar via the Dish Remote 52.0?  I have tried the steps in the Settings for Remote Control and even Bluetooth options.  I just want to be able to use my Dish Remote volume/mute controls without pushing extra buttons.  I am using the audio Optical cable between the Hopper 3 and Bose device.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Control Bose Solo Soundbar with Dish Remote 52.0

DISH Employee

If none of the pairing options are working you can try teaching your remote commands from the remote that came with the soundbar. You can see our guide for this process here: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/customizablecommands.

We can try some troubleshooting steps we would just need you to send us the private message with your account info since we don't want anything specific posted publicly.

To send a PM:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

5 Replies

DISH Employee

Hello there, I will be glad to help with this. Please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code so I can access your account.

MauiBill
Character Actor

Robert, my contact info and security code should already be available to Dish Customer Service.  But thanks for contacting me anyway.

DISH Employee

If none of the pairing options are working you can try teaching your remote commands from the remote that came with the soundbar. You can see our guide for this process here: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/customizablecommands.

We can try some troubleshooting steps we would just need you to send us the private message with your account info since we don't want anything specific posted publicly.

To send a PM:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Posting on this forum does not give Dish support a way to contact you since they do not have access to your account info through your public posts.  If you want to contact one of the reps you need to do it through a private message.

MauiBill
Character Actor

Thank You RobertS.

The link worked for my problem.  However, I was missing the obvious additional setting under CUSTOMIZATIONS.  Once my Dish Remote "learned" the commands for Mute, Vol Up and Vol Down, I did not notice the one more thing needed to be changed.  Under the selection on the screen "Volume & Mute Buttons" had to be changed to "Control Aux Dev ices' Volume".

Thanks again for the advice.  Aloha!  

Bill