Constant bugs/issues with DISH equipment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant bugs/issues with DISH equipment

seanmh72
Camera Crew
I have been a DISH customer for less than a year but I am incredibly surprised as the sheer number of issues that I have and are being reported on this forum for the Hopper system.

DISH is a very large company and I would assume would have a top notch engineering department.

Why are there so many issues for such a large company? The Hopper 3 system is plagued with so many issues it is a wonder that it has made it to production at all.

What is the priority for DISH engineering? To me it seems that the priority is to introduce new features/functions with little regard for current issues. Even when new features/functions are introduced, they are incredibly unstable and rarely get attention for fixes once released.

I love the cost of DISH, but the sheer number of issues is really making me think that the old adage of 'you get what you pay for' couldn't be closer to the truth.
Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: Constant bugs/issues with DISH equipment

wvricky2
Costume Designer
Hi, seanmh72. Frequently, I ask myself the same questions. There are so many bugs - some big, some small -that I, too, wonder how this Hopper system has become the standard sales pitch of DISH. It is very frustrating and annoying. There is a great sense of unreliability and undependability in my Hopper with which I am having a myriad of problems. It all leads to a feeling of distrust and dissatisfaction, not just with the Hopper, but with DISH engineering and TECH developers. But not with the D.I.R.T. members. They are probably just as irritated as we are. They can only do so much. They may feel as bad as we feel. Thank you.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
I too have seen all the issues with hopper, jumper, joey , billy all the DRV models. I had a 4300 for 15 years, never a problem. When I was notified that it would no longer be supported, I bought a refurbed 211k, [and a new Samsung TV] never a problem.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
d4g4m wrote:
I too have seen all the issues with hopper, jumper, joey , billy all the DRV models. I had a 4300 for 15 years, never a problem. When I was notified that it would no longer be supported, I bought a refurbed 211k, [and a new Samsung TV] never a problem.

So the solution is to revert to older technology? How do we make this happen?

hddn
Visual Engineer
I see various VIP receivers at places like solid signal and amazon. Or you might be able to arrange a "downgrade" from Dish.

I've had no significant issues (nothing that I can remember) with my 722k for something like 7 years now.