Consistent signal loss issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent signal loss issues

dbutterfly7
Extra

Have had dish for over 8 years now, and moved 6 years ago with no issues up until about 1yr and half ago. Signal loss almost constantly. Have had many techs out and few have fixed what they thought was the issues, only to have the same issues again. We recently switched to the Hopper and Joey system, hoping to give Dish the benefit of this possibly being an equipment issue as one tech suggested. Have had the new system for a few months now and still having signal issues, only now also internet connection issues! My wifi/internet has no signal losses at all, which leads me to believe that the issue is a Dish problem. My main complaint is when I call, most operators want me to call when the issue happens, which hardly possible as I can tell when or how long it will happen. So irritated by these signal losses and receiving no help from Dish.

17 Replies

Re: Consistent signal loss issues

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

Has the dish aim been checked? Start with the mounting pipe. If it isn't true vertical, the other 3 settings are meaningless. Was the LNB checked that it is receiving a steady 13-19 volts?

Did you take the external connectors apart to check for rust/corrosion? A break of the copper lead?

dbutterfly7
Extra

yes all the above has been done, supposedly. And nothing has been changed, including any new construction since issues have begun

I owe 117.00 dollars on my account after I pay it will I be able to restore service

DISH Employee

dbutterfly7, I can understand the frustration of having consistent signal loss issues. I would be happy to take a look at your equipment information and see what has been done so far and what other options we have to get this resolved for you. Can you please Private Message me with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on your account?

To send a PM: 

1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.

5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.

6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.

7. Then click Send Message.

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer

+1 on the internet issue. I have business class internet in my home, and a dozens plus devices connected with seldom a problem,  Except the Hopper 3. It constantly drops the internet and tells me I have no signal. Both wired and wireless connections alike. Yet my AppleTV, my chrome cast, my Roku, my Amazon Echo, and my Android STB, all connected by wire to the same router NEVER drop the connection. There is definitely something wrong with Hopper’s internet stability.  I see it almost daily.  Personally the Hppper 3 is one of the buggiest STBs I have had from Dish, and I owned a 920 for a short while!

DISH Employee

Hello Major. Our team will be with you to address all your concerns in the private message we have received. We are usually available between 8:00am - 12:00am ET and we apologize for the delay.

Proximus
Extra

I have been Dish customer for over 10 years and rarely had any problems. Upgraded to Hopper 3 few weeks ago to watch World Cup in 4k. Constant complete signal loss 015A. Some games signal loss every 5-10 minutes lasting 2-3 minutes. Issue went away for a while but now is even worse. Constant signal losses lasting 20+ minutes. Reseting and unplugging doesnt help. Just signed new 2 year contract. Needless to say, I am wery dissapointed in Dish. Has to be some isssue with their new recievers.

DISH Employee

Proximus, are these signal issues happening mostly on the 4k channels, or on other channels as well? Are these issues still happening now as well? 

Would you also be able to check the dish outside and make sure there's nothing on the dish and that the viewing angle from the dish to the sky is clear?

Smittywall
Extra
I finally figured out after calling dish, having customer service come out and tell us to re move trees or get new equipment for new two year contract. We consistently for 3 mos getting signal loss especially local channels notvwrather related. So I started going through the other chanells that are in the 5000 to 9000 area and discovered NBC on 5160..and all the other local channels. Hmmmm what's going on with dish. No one I spoke to suggested that...!!!