Consistent signal loss issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Consistent signal loss issues

KGpa
Extra
Have you had significant issues with recordings as well ? I am losing my mind because all of our recordings on the hopper have distortion issues. Dish keeps telling me it’s an “eye” issue.

I absolutely hate the hopper

e4services
Character Actor

I found this response , you wrote this fall, and now I am having your exact issue.

Stange thing is it started when I went to a Winegard G3. I had been using a KING DISH tailgater with no issues at all. Now I get this in and out of HD, to SD and back again, a froze screen woth the UP/DOWN message ()which you go up/down and you get right back to the program, sometimes the error 004 over and over, but you can recover from that too.

There is quite weird and no one I have spoken to has an answer.

@RVTraveler wrote:

We have had Dish for Rv (Outdoor) for nearly 4 years with a VIP 211z and Pathwayx2. Until a couple months ago we had very few problems. In the most recent months we have had consistent signal problems. I have talked with service techs who have not been able to help me find a resolution. At first the signal would be lost when turning it on. Rescan and ok. Then we would have signal loss when changing the channel. Rescan and ok in one or two scans. Now it takes many attempts before we can get a signal. Sometimes it is complete signal lost, other times partial loss. Sometimes it alternates between complete and partial signal lost. Sometimes the header for the channel appears on the screen, screen goes black, and signal is lost. Sometimes “out of the blue” we get the message “local stations interrupted” followed by “outside viewing area” and we have not moved our location.  Rarely the signal will return if we wait long enough. Sometimes we just give up trying.  We were able to connect directly to the receiver, bypassing the RV factory installed cable. As we are in an RV, our location changes often. We know about placing the Pathway without obstructions, wiping the Pathway head, blowing dust out of the cable cord, moving the Dish, replaced the cable with RG6 quad shield cable, arrow up or arrow down, reset receiver. Right now we are in the desert, no visual obstruction, clear blue sky, and for the last 3 hours have not been able to get a signal even though we had a signal the previous 4 hours. This is the worst it has been.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hi there, e4services. When you are noticing this issue with the HD/SD channel revert and the Frozen video, is this while you are trying to change the channel or are experiencing this issue while you are watching the same channel?

Even
Extra

Not really.  Some problems, not signal loss, we have determined to be a result of watching the same recording on different tuners of the same receiver.

Seadog37
Character Actor
I'm having same issues but nothing being told to do is helping . Talked to next door neighbor who has dish and he's not having any issues. His dish is pointed the opposite direction of me. I got dish in november and have had a tech out 3 times already same issues. Getting real tired of this wishing i hadnt left direct tv.

DISH Employee

Seadog37, I hate to hear that you are having trouble with your signal! We definitely want to look into this. Are you seeing any error messages on your screen? If so, may I have the 3-digit number at the top right of the error message?

Seadog37
Character Actor
It says acquiring signal 535 I believe is number . Have reset hopper several times. My recordings are getting jumbled or totally skipped also. I got in front of dish and tress nor anything else seems to be obstructing the dish. Also have checked connections. The two joeys are having same issues.

DISH Employee

The definitely makes sense. The Hopper is what controls the Joeys, so you would see trouble at the Joeys if the Hopper is having the same issue. Thanks for verifying that! To check, has the dish outside been moved to a new area? Or the Hopper? 

Seadog37
Character Actor
No still same spot and tv and hopper are in original spot.

Seadog37
Character Actor
I even checked dish to make sure it's tight and not moving.