Consistent signal loss issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Consistent signal loss issues

DISH Employee

Smittywall, I hate to hear that this was not mentioned to you earlier, I'm happy to hear that you were able to locate the locals on these channels. 

lang4215
Extra

I have had the same issue for about the same amount of time. I have been a dish subscriber for over 10 years with no issues like this before. We put all new cables in 4 years ago and no issues unitl about 1 year ago. I have two 722k and one 722 reciever. I have had two dish repair tech come and check the recievers the dish and cables. They find no issue and tell me it in has to be in the cables. That makes no sence to me because when I lose signal on one of the recievers I can unhook a reciever that is working and the one that wasn't start working immediatly. I think it is a satellite issue.

Tmb1224
Extra
I have had the same issue and two technicians have come out to "fix" the problem. All the HD channels lose signal and revert to SD quality despite having great reception to all the HD satellites. Most of the time I get the 535 signal loss and it takes forever to recover. The Joey's are even worse, most of the time they won't even pick up a channel just going to the screen telling me what is on the Hopper downstairs, but if you try to join that nothing happens. I finally set up Hulu yesterday and will be cancelling my overpriced under responsive dish next week. Would have loved to keep it but it is getting too frustrating trying to get it to work.

DISH Employee

Tmb1224, I'm sorry to hear that you had so many problems with your service. That is very strange that it is reverting to SD despite having a good signal. It sounds like it could possibly be a wiring issue. We would hate to lose you as a valued DISH customer. I would be glad to assist with some troubleshooting to try to get this resolved. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code so I can access your account?

GrammaDeb
Extra

US too, we have started to get loss every rain.  And they told me it would cost to send someone out.. LIKE WHY? I pay so much for the service, "rent" the boxes too... I'm about ready to switch to cable also.  This is terrible. I can't check I'm an old lady.  Being a long time customer should mean something to them

DISH Employee

I absolutely get your frustration with this, GrammaDeb. I'd love to take a look at your account and see what options are available to help get this resolved.

Will you send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, please?

You can send a Private Message by clicking here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Highlighted

RVTraveler
Extra

We have had Dish for Rv (Outdoor) for nearly 4 years with a VIP 211z and Pathwayx2. Until a couple months ago we had very few problems. In the most recent months we have had consistent signal problems. I have talked with service techs who have not been able to help me find a resolution. At first the signal would be lost when turning it on. Rescan and ok. Then we would have signal loss when changing the channel. Rescan and ok in one or two scans. Now it takes many attempts before we can get a signal. Sometimes it is complete signal lost, other times partial loss. Sometimes it alternates between complete and partial signal lost. Sometimes the header for the channel appears on the screen, screen goes black, and signal is lost. Sometimes “out of the blue” we get the message “local stations interrupted” followed by “outside viewing area” and we have not moved our location.  Rarely the signal will return if we wait long enough. Sometimes we just give up trying.  We were able to connect directly to the receiver, bypassing the RV factory installed cable. As we are in an RV, our location changes often. We know about placing the Pathway without obstructions, wiping the Pathway head, blowing dust out of the cable cord, moving the Dish, replaced the cable with RG6 quad shield cable, arrow up or arrow down, reset receiver. Right now we are in the desert, no visual obstruction, clear blue sky, and for the last 3 hours have not been able to get a signal even though we had a signal the previous 4 hours. This is the worst it has been.

Tags (1)

DISH Employee

Hi. I am sorry to hear that you are having signal issues. I know that it has be frustrating especially since it sounds like you guys are traveling quite a bit. It sounds like you have did some troubleshooting  on your end. We definitely would want to walk through some additional troubleshooting with you so that we can determine what causing the signal loss. Can you please send me a private message that includes your phone number and security pin so that I may access your account? 

Even
Extra

I have had the same problem the last 6 months.  Have had Dish for 14 years.  I have a 722k receiver dedicated to the high def tv in the entertainment room and a 722 receiver that connects to 8 other tv's around the house.  The 722k is the only one giving us problems.  They have been out multiple times but never fix the problem.  Admit they don't know what's wrong.  They have tightened cables, replace RCA's but it still occurs.  At one time I could move off the channel and back and it would fix it but then it became an every 30 second event.  The error code in the upper right corner of the screen which is the diagnostic is not always the same.  The problem is degrading and now the receiver will reboot and "aquire signal".   Today the error code was 015a after I tried to change the remote address because after the tech left one of the remotes wouldn't work which happened after the tech visit before him.  They are pushing the Hopper system but after reading that the same issue is happening with it, I will switch to Direct TV first.  Is this problem manufactured since they have no clue what's causing it?  Are they trying to move us to the Hopper?

DISH Employee

Hello Even. While we do want to make sure that all of our customers can enjoy the newest technology available with our Hopper sytsems, we do understand that some people enjoy their ViP model receivers, like the 722K. I would be happy to take a look at your equipment and see what we may need to do to get this issue with the signal resolved for you. Please send us a Private Message so we can look into this together.