Connecting Hopper 3 to internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Hopper 3 to internet

KLSGrem
Character Actor
We only have AT&T DSL with a limited amount of data (Only internet option other than satellite, which will drop out with the vagaries of weather).

Is it possible to connect my Hopper 3 just long enough to program our location for the Weather Channel and then disconnect it again, or does it have to be connected all the time?

If it has to stay connected, is there a way to control how much internet it uses? We got the full package, which has more than enough for us to watch; we don't need on demand or any of the movie channels, etc.

Appreciate any input. Thank you!
2 Replies

Re: Connecting Hopper 3 to internet

DISH Employee
I do believe it has to remain connected in order to provide regular updates to the weather in a specific area, I haven't tried this myself though so another user here may be able to shed more light on that.

I am not aware of any way to limit the amount of internet/data it uses though.

Re: Connecting Hopper 3 to internet

KLSGrem
Character Actor
Tommy F. wrote:
I do believe it has to remain connected in order to provide regular updates to the weather in a specific area, I haven't tried this myself though so another user here may be able to shed more light on that.

I am not aware of any way to limit the amount of internet/data it uses though.

That makes sense about the updating. Hubby won't do that, though, because when we were with the other service our unit connected itself after an update and messed everything up.

Thank you, Tommy!