Complete signal loss 31-12-45 015b

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete signal loss 31-12-45 015b

jdbarrett
Extra
For the last month or so I have been having to unplug my receiver to reset it every day, sometimes more. Now it won't reset no matter what I try. I have unplugged everything and reattached with no improvement. No bad weather, no home improvement and the receiver is still in the same place it's always been. When I called Dish about it I was told they would have to send out a tech which I would have to pay for. I don't have the money, not even to add insurance to my account. Is there anything I can do to fix this? If not I will have to suspend my account or return the receiver or something. No need to pay for Dish if we can't watch anything. Please help!
5 Replies

Re: Complete signal loss 31-12-45 015b

DISH Employee
Unfortunately based on that signal code, all we can check is that all the cables are connected and hand tight. If that doesn't work, then a tech would be needed. While that is our standard cost and options for the technician, I can see if we have alternate options available for you. Just send me a private message with the account or phone # and 4-digit pin.

FedUP
Character Actor

That's actual GOOD Customer Service thomasf ! Too bad more of DISH employees were as helpful!

Bemo32
Extra
I find it completely ridiculous that the customers have to pay for non customer caused problems. Only company I've ever seen that does this. I've worked for quite a few. Directv, Spectrum, Comcast, Cincinnati Bell. Not a single one of them charges the customers for service calls where the customer is not at fault. Can't wait to switch to directv

DISH Employee

Hello. We know it can be frustrating having to pay out of pocket for technician visits, but they are a common charge across every paid TV company. We offer the DISH Protection Plan as a way to lower the cost of having a technician come out. 

Bemo32
Extra
Uh....no.....it's not. At&t, Verizon, centurylink, spectrum, Comcast, Cincinnati bell, Google fiber, Cox Cable, and frontier communications. Those are all companies that do NOT charge the customer for service calls where the customer is not at fault and did not cause the problem. Go ahead research it on your personal time.