Complete signal loss 31-11-45

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete signal loss 31-11-45

Acelady02
Extra
Around 11:15pm on 6/15/18 while watching tv I got a complete signal loss 31-11-45. I have done all the troubleshooting steps and now at 2:05 am 6/16 still have same issue. No storms, no home improvements, no change in the receiver, no changes AT ALL! I notice Joey was having issues but we don't have a Joey. We have a VIP222K receiver.. is there a problem that isn't reported yet? Need help. We have had dish for so long I can't even remember how many years now. I hope to hear from a Dish representative SOON!!!!!
2 Replies

Re: Complete signal loss 31-11-45

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
That code is saying there is a communication issue between the antenna and the receiver... this can be water in the lines, frayed or corroded lines, something disconnected at the antenna, etc. I would start by ensuring all cables are hand tight behind the receiver. After that, would run a check switch test(menu-6-1-1) and then a tech is your next option. This is all assuming you have not moved the receiver or cabling at all.

Re: Complete signal loss 31-11-45

DISH Employee

The steps Chad has provided would be correct, can you follow them and get back to us with a Private Message if you're still getting this signal loss message so we can set up a tech?