Complete signal loss 31-11-45

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete signal loss 31-11-45

Acelady02
Extra
Around 11:15pm on 6/15/18 while watching tv I got a complete signal loss 31-11-45. I have done all the troubleshooting steps and now at 2:05 am 6/16 still have same issue. No storms, no home improvements, no change in the receiver, no changes AT ALL! I notice Joey was having issues but we don't have a Joey. We have a VIP222K receiver.. is there a problem that isn't reported yet? Need help. We have had dish for so long I can't even remember how many years now. I hope to hear from a Dish representative SOON!!!!!
7 Replies

Re: Complete signal loss 31-11-45

Chadt4141
Casting Director
That code is saying there is a communication issue between the antenna and the receiver... this can be water in the lines, frayed or corroded lines, something disconnected at the antenna, etc. I would start by ensuring all cables are hand tight behind the receiver. After that, would run a check switch test(menu-6-1-1) and then a tech is your next option. This is all assuming you have not moved the receiver or cabling at all.

DISH Employee

The steps Chad has provided would be correct, can you follow them and get back to us with a Private Message if you're still getting this signal loss message so we can set up a tech?

lang4215
Extra

I have been having the same problem. I have two 722k and one 722 reciever. For the past few months one of the recievers will lose signal. Dish has sent two repair technitians out they find no issues and are telling me it is in the cables. Makes no sence to me because when I lose signal I can unplug one of the recievers that is working and the one that has lost signal regains it immediately. I would ugrade to a hopper but don't want to go through the same issue if Dish can't guarantee I won't have the same problem.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Definitely cabling at that point. With the H3 upgrade, you would get new cables as they would be making sure everything is RG6 anyways. Either way, you can tell them you want them to replace all the cabling for that reason, but keep in mind the technology is completely different between VIP equipment and XIP/ZIP(Hopper)

hi77iard
Extra

Not acquiring signal

hi77iard
Extra

Started acquiring signal . Showed about 2/3 bar then went back to 535 and stopped

DISH Employee

Hi77iard, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your signal. We definitely need to get that taken care of. Have you moved the receiver or DISH Antenna? If not can you make sure that all cables connected from the receiver to the wall are secure and tight?