Complete Signal Loss

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete Signal Loss

I have been experiencing Complete Signal Loss for almost a year now. It comes and goes. There are no specific channel patterns, for example I can watch TNT in HD, but TBS, the channel right next to it will not work. Not in SD or HD.
The outside satellite? Receiver? Is clear of all debris, and tech support as came out before to replace all of the cable.
It has been rebooted, restarted, unplugged for 30 seconds at least 3 times a week. In order to see what is coming on more than 6 hours ahead of time, we have to redownload the Guide.
DVR is pointless because I can't see what is coming on in the future to record.
I need a miracle.
6 Replies

Re: Complete Signal Loss

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Your antenna needs realigned.

I'm guessing that's something I can't do myself?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
QuirkyFuzzball wrote:
I'm guessing that's something I can't do myself?

Sure you can. Use the angles found at dishpointer.com.

I am going to try this tomorrow. If this works, you and I just became best friends.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
If you are going to re-aim your sat, try this on a clear blue sky----
If you have an assistant and using west arc sats- tune to channel 105 [a 119 sat channel] go to menu and press 611 or what ever your receiver uses. First check if elevation is correctly set [whatever your elevation, the sats are actually 12-15 degrees higher in the sky] , then What is the signal strength. If low, move dish left or right for a higher number. Do not move the dish more than 1/8" at a time. When you get the highest number, cancel the test. Switch receiver to channel 109 [a 110 sat channel. What signal strength. If low, move dish left an 1/8" at a time. You will eventually want a signal that is almost equal between 110 and 119. If you use sat 129, get the best signal from 119
If aiming by yourself, Turn volume of TV to the max so you can hear the signal outside.
If re-aiming doesn't fix the problem, you may have the LNB going bad. They are available on ebay for $35 new and take less than 5 minutes to replace.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
That is assuming Western Arc. Your location is a determining factor. Using the same steps given, it will either come up with the satellites in the 100's, which is western, or satellites in the 60's and 70's, which is Eastern Arc.