Commercials During Shows?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercials During Shows?

dadepfan
Extra

I realize the futility of this complaint and the fact that Dish has no control over this (but it sure seems like they could at least pass on these complaints), but does anyone else find it a little like "Bait And Switch" that the programs we pay to be able to see with our Dish subscription are now being corrupted with commercials that are actually appearing on the screen covering part the the program as we are watching?

It is bad enough that I have routinely counted 10 to 20 separate commercials in a single commercial break, and that I have timed some commercial breaks as long as 5 minutes (wasn't there supposed to be a 3 minute limit to commercial breaks?), but now I have to endure commercials during the program. These commercials are sometimes animated, which is distracting, but even worse, they are now completely covering 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen! We pay Dish to provide us with programming, but are not told we will get corrupted programming or programming that is partially obstructed.

I personally refuse to buy anything or watch anything that pisses me off with their insulting commercial tactics - an that included seeing the same identical commercial 7 to 8 times during the same program, AND having my programming abused and obstructed with commercials.

3 Replies

Re: Commercials During Shows?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It is important that you are not paying Dish for programming. You pay Dish for access to the channels. Dish only rebroadcasts the signal as sent, and anything the channels want to air, is on them. It is much like going to a baseball game. You don’t pay for a team to win or lose, or even which uniform they wear. You pay for access to a seat to watch them play, and however they play is up to the league and players. Dish would have zero pull, same with all providers, on any of that, however as a consumer, you have more power. If you call or email the channels, your complaint is taken more seriously. If there are enough people that do not like it that complain... then the channel owners may listen.

dadepfan
Extra

Understood, and good analogy - except it is not completely analogous.  It is more like paying for a seat anywhere in the stadium, but with a view of the field, and finding out that the seat is directly behing a post, requiring leaning left or right to view the field.

Do you have any resoruce that would provide us with email addresses or telephone numbers of the stations so we could contact them?  I forget the exact stations, but the shows I have most recently noticed this on were SWAT and Navy Seals.

Dave

Highlighted

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The best thing to do is to google the call letters. Both those shows are on your local cBS.