Classic Arts Showcase video quality

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Arts Showcase video quality

dasdenken
Extra
Up until about a month ago, I was able to watch Classic Arts Showcase without any issues. For about a month now, however, the video is very jumpy, as though it were moving at a slower frame rate than other channels. The audio is fine.

At first I thought the issue was with the channel itself. Since Classic Arts Showcase streams online now, I was able to log in and look at its streaming video quality. It did not suffer from this same stuttering quality of video.

I have a sling player attached directly to the component video output of my receiver. I logged in on my computer to view the Dish receiver's video ;it still suffered from the same jumpy video. :|

My receiver is a VIP622. I've had some recent stability issues with the receiver where it will randomly reset while attempting to perform actions such as scrolling through my recorded programs. Other than Classic Arts Showcase, it has no trouble showing video for any other channel.

Thanks for any suggestions of things to try.
1 Reply

Re: Classic Arts Showcase video quality

DISH Employee
dasdenken wrote:
Up until about a month ago, I was able to watch Classic Arts Showcase without any issues. For about a month now, however, the video is very jumpy, as though it were moving at a slower frame rate than other channels. The audio is fine.

At first I thought the issue was with the channel itself. Since Classic Arts Showcase streams online now, I was able to log in and look at its streaming video quality. It did not suffer from this same stuttering quality of video.

I have a sling player attached directly to the component video output of my receiver. I logged in on my computer to view the Dish receiver's video ;it still suffered from the same jumpy video. :|

My receiver is a VIP622. I've had some recent stability issues with the receiver where it will randomly reset while attempting to perform actions such as scrolling through my recorded programs. Other than Classic Arts Showcase, it has no trouble showing video for any other channel.

Thanks for any suggestions of things to try.

Since you are only seeing this issue on one channel, I would like to submit a report to our engineers for review. Can you please send me a PM with your phone number and PIN?