Cinemax and HBO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cinemax and HBO

Cub1
Camera Crew
How much longer bring back to hbo and Cinemax and how much is cost for hbo and Cinemax will be cost for guess if they will come back and for me if dish asking me go apps hbo now I’m not interested go streaming internet I rather have on dish that live like all programs so I need to know how much longer my understanding is they still working on it and talking still I don’t know why is taking too long for five month I don’t know what they doing are they working on it for plan or what I know is att still talking to dish I’m hoping that if hbo cost closer $20 dollar month I will take it if little bit then i will still take it I know everybody’s upset and wait for hbo come back unfair that already 5 month don’t wait too long just please do it right way bring back hbo and we pay for service no matter what thank u..
7 Replies

Re: Cinemax and HBO

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They have announced that it is not likely for HBO or Cinemax to return. You will either need to stream it online, or use a different provider. The cost to thebsubscriber isn’t why it is down. It is down due to the fact that aTT is demanding the non subscribers pay for it. There is a minority that want HBO, and that is less than 20% of customers.
Highlighted

Cub1
Camera Crew
Well I called dish they say still negotiate about bring back hbo and Cinemax back to dish they want to bring back they say that

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They do want to bring it back, and they are still technically negotiating. However the president and the CEO have publicly announced that due to aTT not backing off demands for all subscribers to pay, it is not likely to return.

SW
Extra

I was unpleasantly surprised to see on Channel 301 where it used to say HBO has removed its channels....it now tells us to subscribe to HBO Now.  So, Dish is actively supporting HBO, just not their customers who live out in the country and have very slow internet.  I've been advocating for DISH, thought they were really supporting their customers.  I no longer feel that way.  Very disappointed in them.  

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They are offering HBO Now as a way for the majority of customers that still want HBO to get it. They are advertising something they make no money from, simply to make sure their customers are taken care of. It is not likely that it is returning.

Cdog18
Character Actor

I saw the HBO Now listing ..... since I have poor streaming service at best it looks like I am going to dump Dish for another provider.   My options are ..... AT&T Fiber, Direct (oh yea that's AT&T also), or a local provider who are years behind the technology curve.   Thanks Charlie for pushing me to AT&T just the orgsnization that I did not want to deal with.

thaysfam
Extra

We live in town, have high speed internet through Spectrum and also access to cable TV.  We are still Dish subscribers because the equipment is fabulous and they have taken care of us over the years. I understand that those who are unable to get high speed internet and were HBO subscribers are now the most limited in getting it.  We bought a Firestick and now subscribe to HBO through Amazon. It's all fine for us.  I'm not even a Game of Thrones fan... don't watch it. It seems that so much of the hype is over the loss of Game of Thrones. There will be other ways to eventually watch it... it's not forever gone.  Unfortunately, the most upset consumers still represent a minority. Dish has the stats that prove this. Like others have said, regardless of "actively negotiating," HBO is not likely coming back.  If you're in the population who cannot stream HBO because you don't have access to high speed internet, you still have the option of switching to DirecTV if it's that important.