Chat is useless- so is customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat is useless- so is customer service

rukittenme
Extra
Spent 30 minutes on chat with questions & to order an external hard drive, she tells me it will ship in 2-4 business days- so i'm checking on the shipment- Oh- she bills my account, but 3 people could NOT find that it shipped! I was told it was "not processed correctly" - Just put a charge on my account & don't ship anything!? Really how messed up could that get??? Let's see if the charge does get credited promptly- probably not.
My bill goes up every month, customer service sucks, they give new people who change services every coupla months all the incentives & the old-timers who faithfully pay their expensive bills every month don't get squat.
Somebody please let me know who I can switch to, please- there has to be another way besides this.
14 Replies

Re: Chat is useless- so is customer service

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Bills don't go up every month - usually once per year around Feb/March

Not sure why anyone would buy an EHD from Dish when they're cheaper elsewhere

Any other sat/cable company you switch to will be the same way, discounts when you first sign up then a higher price a few months later. Incentives are always given to new customers, every company does it - if you aren't happy with your bill you have the choice to change your plan or go elsewhere - just like the rest of us.

rukittenme wrote:
Spent 30 minutes on chat with questions & to order an external hard drive, she tells me it will ship in 2-4 business days- so i'm checking on the shipment- Oh- she bills my account, but 3 people could NOT find that it shipped! I was told it was "not processed correctly" - Just put a charge on my account & don't ship anything!? Really how messed up could that get??? Let's see if the charge does get credited promptly- probably not.
My bill goes up every month, customer service sucks, they give new people who change services every coupla months all the incentives & the old-timers who faithfully pay their expensive bills every month don't get squat.
Somebody please let me know who I can switch to, please- there has to be another way besides this.

Please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Solo20
Extra
I agree about customer service being useless! I spent the last 30minutes talking to customer service about my bill. I paid for my dish services on july 24 $92 and its shut off now and they are wanting me to pay another $92 again to restore my services. Does anyone else have this issue with dish?
You CANNOT understand what the customer services agent is saying and when you ask to speak to the manager she hung up on me! I called back another lady kept telling me hold on and kept interrupting my question then puts me on hold for 5 minutes then gets back on and DEMANDS $$
HELP!!!!!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Solo20 wrote:
I agree about customer service being useless! I spent the last 30minutes talking to customer service about my bill. I paid for my dish services on july 24 $92 and its shut off now and they are wanting me to pay another $92 again to restore my services. Does anyone else have this issue with dish?
You CANNOT understand what the customer services agent is saying and when you ask to speak to the manager she hung up on me! I called back another lady kept telling me hold on and kept interrupting my question then puts me on hold for 5 minutes then gets back on and DEMANDS $$
HELP!!!!!

How long was it disconnected before you paid the bill?

Solo20
Extra
Its been 1 day now. I called to see what was going on because the last customer service rep i spoke to was back on 7/24 and he said i would be good till September 9th he had to make adjustments

Chadt41411
Casting Director
How long was it off before you paid 7/24?

rukittenme
Extra
to peggyrh- I had to order ehd from dish- because they told me to go to the list of "preferred dish installers" & out of 4 of them 3 of dish's "preferred retailers" had no idea what I was talking about & the other won't call me back- one of the places- begged me to go to direct tv- instead of listening to what I was asking!
can't find ehd that dish says I need, with it's own power supply- so that's why I ordered from dish- got any other ideas? AND yes my bill goes up every month- I didn't just say that for drama

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Any EHD (max 2TB) that has it's own power supply works, I have 3 (3 different brands) from years ago that were used on old Windows computers & have been used with my 722, Hopper 1, Hopper w/Sling & now Hopper 3 - you don't need a special external hard drive.

If your bill goes up every month you need to find out why, my bill does not vary & has been the same since March when we had the last increase.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You must have some credits expiring monthly then. There hasn't been a price increase since Feb. and before that was Feb'16. Before that was Feb'15. There is a pattern.