Channels work...then they don't.....then they do

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels work...then they don't.....then they do

It hard to pin this down to one issue because there so many I've lost count of them. I experience the following issues on a daily basis:

Complete Signal Loss

Inability to access locals as it says I am not in the area (I am because the same channel will have worked a half hour ago and when I go back to it I'm suddenly "not in the area"

Rebooting finds either "No satellites, only some satellites", does nothing at all, will not download guide unless rebooted at least 5 times (once I had to do 15 times!)

Error 004 happens at least 50 times a day. Sometimes going to another channel and moving to my channel using the up and down buttons works but only about 50% of the time.

Just to cover the inevitable questions:

The dish is on a flat, stable, level surface and has a wide open view of the southern sky. All wiring is brand new and connections are tight.

This seems like a software issue but at this rate I'm ready to kill the service and go to DirecTV

Any ideas would be appreciated
3 Replies

Re: Channels work...then they don't.....then they do

This is likely a signal issue that we would want to send a tech out for. I am off for the next week but you can PM another moderator or call 1-800-333-3474 for assistance with this.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

dogboy
Extra
Did this issue ever get resolved? I’m having the same thing now, and a tech came out yesterday. Of course we couldn’t replicate it, so he checked everything out. Could find no problem, and system worked great the rest of the day. Then last night, same problem again. This is getting frustrating.

DISH Employee

dogboy, to verify, are you seeing the error code 004? Are you seeing the message currently?