Channel changing all by itself

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel changing all by itself

mayorpt
Extra

I am recording a series. Why does my channel change so I can watch it while it is recording? I thought the point to recording was so I could record a program to watch later and watch live TV at the same time?

4 Replies

Re: Channel changing all by itself

peggyrh
Associate Producer

It all depends on how many tuners you have free at one time (each live viewer uses a tuner in addition to each program that's recording).  If you have programs set to run a few minutes extra at beginning or end sometimes there is overlap and then you have conflicts. That's why many people go with Hopper 3 since it has more tuners than most households actually need & no more recording issues.

Jzalenski1
Extra
If you figure it out, please let me know. I thought the whole point of recording something was so that you DIDNT have to watch it right then.

LT
Character Actor

Has anyone figured this out?????

DISH Employee

Hello, LT. There are a few reasons why this could be happening. Peggyrh, did explain one reason that could be causing it. If you do have only 3 tuners part of your system, then this means you can watch or record up to 3 things at once. If you do exceed that it can force you to watch one of the recording or what someone else is watching. What model of receiver do you have, LT? If you're not sure, the model of it will be located on the front left hand side of the receiver.