Channel Changing Spontaneously

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel Changing Spontaneously

gjisnowrhome
Camera Crew

We have been experiencing several issues with the Hopper. I'll just mention one for now.

We have shows we have set to record...a whole series.

What happens is, we will be watching a program LIVE...and we get message appears on the screen.

The message essentially asks us if we want to continue watching the live program we are watching, or switch to the program that is being recorced.

Is there a way to turn this 'feature off??" Its very annoying. I have looked in the settings and so far have not found a solution...but, I am new to the Hopper system..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Channel Changing Spontaneously

gjisnowrhome
Camera Crew

If I understand you....this means I cannot watch Live TV at the same time a recording occurs?

I must not understand you....I’lol have to read your message again for clues.

When you wrote, “If you get the message, we want to check your TV Activity Screen....” Do you mean YOU??? Or are you referring to me?

By checking the TV Activity Screen this will show me whether or not I can watch 

Live TV?  If all the tuners are busy. I am out of luck watching current Live programming?    That stinks. 

By by the way I have a Hopper with Sling. Can’t wait for my contract to end!  Over a year left.   ☹️

17 Replies

Chadt4141
Casting Director
That message is telling you the tuner you are watching is already scheduled to record something. Which Hopper do you have?

gjisnowrhome
Camera Crew

That message is telling you the tuner you are watching is already scheduled to record something. Which Hopper do you have?”

I know that I have something programmed to record. I set that up myself. I can view all the programs that I have setup to record. 

I guess for some a reminder is useful. 

What I don’t like, which is the basis for my posting in this forum, is that not only is this feature reminding me, it’s alsso saying it is going  to change to the channel the recording is setup to record. If I happen to be milling around in another room, I will return to the tv and find the channel has been changed. If I am watch8ng when the message appears, only then can I choose the option to remain on the channel I was watching. 

I’m not sure you understood my post. I wasn’t asking why am I getting a message that a program 

I setup to record is ready to record. Perhaps I didn’t explain the situation well.

I will be viewing a channel. Then all of a sudden a message appears. It is indeed informing me that a program I have setup to record is about to do just that. But it also asks me, do I want to remain on the channel I was watching, or change to the channel about to record. If I don’t do anything, it will change the channel for me. HOW CAN I STOP THIS FROM OCCURING.. 

As for which a Hopper I have? Do you need a model number, model name?   We have the Hopper with Joey if that helps. Otherwise I’ll look to see what number it is

Chadt4141
Casting Director
The reason I asked the Hopper number was just to see if a 3 tuner or 16 tuner Hopper.
You cannot disable that message. Like I said, it is because the tuner you’re watching is scheduled to record something on it. The question is, are there any free tuners available at the time the message is popping up? How many recordings including PTAT, and how many TVs on at the same time. What does your tv activity screen show?

gjisnowrhome
Camera Crew

It is a Three tuner.

I would not mind the message that my prescheduled program is about to record. It isn't helpful to us at all. If I wanted to watch a program that I might record, I wouldn't bother to record it and turn on the tv set and watch the program I was interested in at the scheduled time.

But the real issue is...the second part of that message that appears....and that is that the Hopper will change it if I do not happen to see the message. I may have gotten up to  use the restroom, or a dozen other reasons..and when I returned, I will find my set on the channel of the program I had scheduled to record.

Not being able to disable this message is a HUGE negative. So huge that it alone is a reason to cancel when our contract ends.

But thank you for responding. We do appreciate that.

gjisnowrhome
Camera Crew

We only have ONE TUNER AND ONE TV..nothing more, nothing less.

I think you have answered our question...quite simply, there is nothing we can do about this unwanted and intrusive message...

DISH Employee

Hello, gjisnowrhome. I hate to hear that you're not enjoy this aspect of our services. This message is normally caused because all your tuners are in use, and there is something scheduled to record. There a few ways that we can prevent this message. Can you provide the model of your Hopper please? It would be located on the front of your receiver towards the left hand side. 

LT
Character Actor

I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUE.... 

We have 1 Hopper - Hopper with Sling and 2 joey's

PLEASE HELP!!!

LT
Character Actor

Have you been able to solve this issue?? It has just started with ours, and it is driving me crazy :/

DISH Employee

Hello, LT. I did respond to you regarding this on another post. However, I will be happy to help wherever it's convenient! If you do have only 3 tuners part of your system, then this means you can watch or record up to 3 things at once. If you do exceed that it can force you to watch one of the recording or what someone else is watching. Based on your setup this could definitely be happening as your system does have 3 tuners. Next time this happens, can you pull up your TV Activity Screen by pressing your Options button or Red long button please? This will show you if all 3 tuners are in use.