Channel Changing Spontaneously

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Channel Changing Spontaneously

LT
Character Actor

Thank You for responding so fast. I would love to solve this. It is REALLY ANNOYING, and I am going to turn off all my recordings to prevent it, which is REALLY ANNOYING. My husband about had a cow...  I have to get this solved so I can record shows I would like to see.... I don't know if I will be sitting in front of the TV when it happens again... so there is little chance I will be able to get that info to you. Apparently it is an issue that DISH has not resolved. :/

DISH Employee

We definitely understand how inconvenient it is to wait for an issue to take place. Just keep that with the 3 tuner set up, you are only able to do 3 things at once. If you have 2 recordings set, that means only one TV will be able to view independent programming. If you are recording 3 things at once, that means no TV will be able to view independent programming. 

Are you able to try recording thing at a time, doing so will allow the other two TVs to watch independent shows. 

LT
Character Actor

I only had ONE recording set. 

If I did want to record 3 for each TV, how can I choose which Tuner will record it. We are very seldom in the bedroom. How can I choose which tuner will record....  I set up the recordings mainly from the bedroom TV....

DISH Employee

The Hopper will assign any free tuner to the recordings. The main thing would be making sure that the tuners are not in use on a Joey or the Hopper with Live TV. If you get the message, we want to check your TV Activity Screen to see what tuners are in use and for what. 

To do this, press the red button in the middle of your remote while on live TV. This will give you a pop-up with an option to select TV Activity with a list of what the tuners are watching/recording.

If you don't have a red button in the middle of your remote, press the Options button from Live TV and it should give you the option to select TV Activity. 

gjisnowrhome
Camera Crew

If I understand you....this means I cannot watch Live TV at the same time a recording occurs?

I must not understand you....I’lol have to read your message again for clues.

When you wrote, “If you get the message, we want to check your TV Activity Screen....” Do you mean YOU??? Or are you referring to me?

By checking the TV Activity Screen this will show me whether or not I can watch 

Live TV?  If all the tuners are busy. I am out of luck watching current Live programming?    That stinks. 

By by the way I have a Hopper with Sling. Can’t wait for my contract to end!  Over a year left.   ☹️

View solution in original post

Highlighted

gjisnowrhome
Camera Crew

I will just Accept This As A Solution and move on. 

The fact is..I can watch Live programming while all tuners are recording. I just have to choose the option NOT TO CHANGE CHANNELS.  when the message appears....

Again, if 

I wanted to watch the program I am recording, why record it?

enough!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You would check the TV activity screen. It will tell you if one of your 3 tuners is available to watch live tv.

DISH Employee

I know it can be frustrating only being able to do 3 things at once, especially if you have multiple people wanting to watch different programs, or multiple recordings occurring at the same time. We do have a Hopper 3, which would allow you to do 16 things at the same time, and avoid the conflict.

If you're interested in the upgrade to the Hopper 3, I'd be happy to go over the details in setting this up. I would need you to send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code in order to look into this for you.