Channel 247 METV Picture Format Seems Incorrect

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Channel 247 METV Picture Format Seems Incorrect

stxisbest1
Camera Crew

How about you file it under "fix it already"  instead of promoting work arounds that the customer should not go thru?

This goes for 237 as well as it has been a postage stamp for months------

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

^^BUMP^^  Nothing has been done.

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

Yes, that is correct that nothing has been done to fix the picture format issue on METV.  Either Dish doesn't really care about this issue or their engineers don't have the technical chops to fix it.

It is pretty sad as METV carries a lot of decent retro programming that is virtually unwatchable in the current SQUISH-A-VISION format.

Character Actor
It’s inconceivable that a company as large as Dish, with millions of customers, even rolled out 247 with technical problems, and fails to address it. How can this insignificant thread be the only light on this issue?

Leewhiteside
Extra

I figured I would bump this one more time.  Same issue still with me as well as Comet TV.  Would like to watch Babylon 5 or classic Outer limits, but just can't take it.  Also loooks as bad on my overthe air local station.

Leewhiteside
Extra

OK, I have a solution (of sorts) for me, at least. 

I have an older dish receiver (VIP722).    If I go to the System setup and select HDTV settings, the ratio selector has 16x9,  4x3 (#1) and 4x3 (#2).   If I select 4x3(#2), the display for METV and ComET TV looks correct (of course, now all the other channels are not).  This will allow me to watch it in unsqueezed format, but is not really the best solution.

Jeez
Extra

I'm a returning customer from DirectTV.  METV was showing perfectly on that network, however, it's WAY squished on DISH.  Not sure why, changing formats just makes it look worse.  Interesting that DirectTV had it correct, but DISH is behind the curve and not providing a good solution.  I've never seen Matlock look so thin!  Can't take that look.

Highlighted

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

I agree that that programming looks ridiculous on METV with the current formatting.  Dish has been notified and is aware of the issue, but apparently it is not a priority for them to fix it or they don't know how to fix it.