Did you mean: 

Re: Channel 247 METV Picture Format Seems Incorrect

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

^ ^ B U M P ^ ^

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Really?  You tools are hiding this thread from the forums?

gdarb
Character Actor

Having the same problem in Michigan.  I think it started when recently over the air broadcasters had to do some sort of update (they kept playing messages stating that over the air viewers would have to rescan to get over the air channels).   I believe the problem started after that ....

Highlighted

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Come on Dish, fix this already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long does it take?   

Has a single one of you actually looked at the picture you are broadcasting?  I bet the answer is no.

Fix it already!!!!

mooseman
Extra

All one has to do is look at TV Land, ch 106 to see that MeTV isnt right. I just toggled between "Andy Griffith" on TV Land and "Leave it to Beaver" on MeTV. Same era, very close to same year of filming, in the same ratio. Check it out, the ratio/letterbox is correct on TV Land, you can actually watch it without utilizing the zoom. MeTV is bareley watchable withput engaging the zoom feature. Both channels are SD. Why can' this be fixed? Again, MeTV says it is not them, and i have to agree as on other providers (cable) the ratio is correct. 

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

It is a shame that channel 247 METV which has such great retro programming is virtually unwatchable in the present incorrect format.  Is this too difficult of an issue to fix or do your engineers not understand the issue?

dhull213
Extra
This discussion needs to continue until this annoying issue is resolved.

stxisbest1
Camera Crew

Yes it needs to keep popping up.  There is no reason for it to be still messed up other than Dish does not care.

dhull213
Extra

It's especially frustrating because my remote doesn't have the Format button that is always recommended as a patch for the problem.

DISH Employee

Hi dhull213. The format feature should still be available for you. Our newer models of remotes have it filed under "OPTIONS". From Live TV, if you select the "OPTIONS" button you will see Display Format as one of the icons available.