Change channels via ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change channels via ethernet

shspvr
Camera Crew
Where can I find the Developer API doc on IP remote control channels changing on dish device like hopper, joey and etc via ethernet.
We can do this with DirecTV device via ethernet by running custom app made do -ip <IP address> -channel <channel number>.
Any one go a link the to doc's
Tags (3)
8 Replies

Re: Change channels via ethernet

Chadt41411
Casting Director

I know this probably isn't what you're looking for, but if the Hopper and Joeys are connected to the internet, you can use the DA app remote control. That's the only virtual remote there is, however.

shspvr
Camera Crew
Chadt4141 wrote:
I know this probably isn't what you're looking for, but if the Hopper and Joeys are connected to the internet, you can use the DA app remote control. That's the only virtual remote there is, however.

DA app ? as in what that.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
DA is Dish Anywhere.

shspvr
Camera Crew
peggyrh wrote:
DA is Dish Anywhere.

Oh that junk app not thanks and beside it not the only app that can control channels changing on dish device ever hear of https://www.simplecontrol.com:1poniks4 Simple Control Home Remote

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
shspvr wrote:
peggyrh wrote:
DA is Dish Anywhere.

Oh that junk app not thanks and beside it not the only app that can control channels changing on dish device ever hear of https://www.simplecontrol.com:nxm3wnug Simple Control Home Remote

The free DishAnywhere app works fine for me for both remote operations and remote viewing. I see no reason to pay for the more limited SimpleControl app features for Dish.

shspvr
Camera Crew
NYDutch wrote:
shspvr wrote:
peggyrh wrote:
DA is Dish Anywhere.

Oh that junk app not thanks and beside it not the only app that can control channels changing on dish device ever hear of [url=https://www.simplecontrol.com:3rf46yd4]Simple Control Home Remote[/url:3rf46yd4]

The free DishAnywhere app works fine for me for both remote operations and remote viewing. I see no reason to pay for the more limited SimpleControl app features for Dish.

That all fine dandy but that not what my post asking for

hddn
Visual Engineer

Well, this really isn't a developer forum... But I searched for: dish network api

And I got a few interesting matches. One of them says:

Developers interested in working with DISH will be vetted to ensure that customer privacy and other considerations are met. Requests for the Hopper APIs are being accepted by email to

devprogram@dish.com

That was posted in mid 2013. Hopefully it's still there.

shspvr
Camera Crew
hddn wrote:
Well, this really isn't a developer forum... But I searched for: dish network api

And I got a few interesting matches. One of them says:

[quote:1x2mxkow]Developers interested in working with DISH will be vetted to ensure that customer privacy and other considerations are met. Requests for the Hopper APIs are being accepted by email to devprogram@dish.com.

Thanks I give that a try