Carbon User Interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carbon User Interface

Beastdrvr
Character Actor
Carbon User Interface. This is what Dish calls their new user interface pushed out on all versions of the Hopper.
I feel its full of bugs and issues. I would like everyone having problems or not to use this title to post their views so they are in one place.
Please spread the word.
This is what I posted yesterday.

Carbon User Interface
I'm going through posts looking for issues about the User interface software . There doesn't seem to be a central topic for this. It all seems to be listed on how you title it. Maybe find my post and let’s follow that one.

I really don't like the new user interface. It seems to be full of bugs and just stupid changes. I would like to hear from other Dish customers about new interface, I've gotten no help from Dish phone tech support.
Here are just a few of my issues:
..Response time too slow, especially on joeys
..No 4x fast forward. 15x to fast usually
..On dvr screen(menu) tabs at top do not have 1 button access as in old interface. If not at top of screen, you have to scroll back to top to get to tabs. also, once tab is selected, I would like to have to hit ok or something, not have tabs function just start.
..Auto play is backwards, plays episodes 10 to 1, instead of 1-10.
..At end of a dvr'ed recording of a series, "next in line" suggestion menu is iffy on Hopper recordings and non existent on ext. hd. Especially if you fast forward to end of recording. It just sits on Playback complete..for ever. Old interface would show all following programing, both Hopper and ext. hd recordings and at end of program, would give you a minute perhaps, then revert to live tv. ( just left tv on playback ended screen for like 20 minutes, after flashing several times, now have black screen, only two buttons that seem to function id Guide and dvr. Otherwise its frozen.)
..On DVR menu, selecting options, expand/collapse all seasons 1st should toggle to a setting and then STAY there. Now it always has expand and if you want to collapse, you have to go through the process twice. EVERY TIME! I want all seasons to be collapsed all the time and only expanded when I select that season when dvr'd show is selected.
..External hard drive takes to many steps to access, used to be much easier
..External hard drive recordings replay very iffy, sometimes using "skip fwd" button a couple of times will jump to end of recording, even if it's a two hour movie and you're just trying to get through opening credits, then it freezes
On ext. HD, if watching a series, after episode is over, does not revert back to ext hd recordings but to Hopper recordings, must go through multiple steps to get back to ext hd.
5 Replies

Re: Carbon User Interface

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Kind of started this here already:
https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21075

jimgreen1972
Camera Crew
enough of the same post... geez

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Ya posting too many times about the same subject and content seem to get post deleted. Maintain in your first post is enough. Show patience and be patient on others to respond. Not everyone see's or has the same issues your posting about. Be detailed in what you have as well? Give more information to what your using in HW and whats loaded on your DVR/Hopper. What generation is your Hopper? Post if you done resets and tried alternative methods of connections. Review my configuration. Been working well for me.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
This is what the Wishlist is for.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer