Cannot watch DVR Recordings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot watch DVR Recordings

ltlbityjen
Extra

I contacted customer service about this issue last night and after running through all of my diagnostics and not seeing any issues, they said they will be alerting the engineers, but I wanted to see if anyone else was seeing the defects with the software.

Last night, we were unable to watch our DVR recordings that had worked previously in the day. You can see them, but  when you select them,  a pop up the screen displays that lists all of the series recordings and then kind of freezes. When I use the Dish Anywhere app, I can see my recordings. When I try watch on TV, it tells me that my hopper is in standby mode (when it is not) and when I try Watch on my device, it just stalls. Also, when we are recording a show we are unable to watch that channel. It is blacked out. Once you cancel the recording the channel appears again.

In West Virginia, we received an update where we now get access to local WV channels instead of Pittsburgh channels, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it. I have only had this equipment for one month. This is exteremly frustrating. 

3 Replies

Re: Cannot watch DVR Recordings

DISH Employee

I'm glad we were able to get this reported to our Engineer team, but I'd like to make sure we've done everything we can for your issue.

Have you tried resetting the Hopper by unplugging it from the outlet for 10 seconds?

Once the Hopper has reset, lets continue by checking for any hard driver errors. To check for hard drive errors, with a 50, 52 or 54 remote, press the House button 3 times. This will bring up the Diagnostics screen. From here go down to Status and select Check Status. In the "D" box you will see the hard drive status. 

ltlbityjen
Extra
Thanks for the reply, Sam. I went through the diagnostics with the customer service rep via chat and they could not find any hardware issues.
I ended up doing a factory reset and resetting the software. That fixed it so I'm assuming a file must have gotten corrupt. Hopefully this doesn't happen again because i lost all of my recordings. I wasn't able to backup anything on an external HD because it wouldn't recognize it.

DISH Employee

Thank you for taking the time to follow up with us. This allows us to make sure we are getting all the information needed for our Engineer Team.

Lets make sure the External Hard Drive you have is compatible with our systems. Here is a link to go over the different requirements needed with the External Hard Drive:  https://www.mydish.com/external-hard-drive.