Cannot record alternate channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot record alternate channels

makineman
Character Actor
Dish- why can I watch an alternate channel, but it won't record it? I recorded a College hockey game on 12-8-17 on channel 444 between St Cloud State and North Dakota. I know that is tried to record it, because when I walked through the room last night, that game was on, and the little red dot was on top of the TV screen saying it was recording. However when I try to view it the next day, it says it recorded for 3 hours and 31 minutes, it plays for about a minute and a half, then abruptly just goes to the end of the recording. I am paying for the sports package, and wondering why I can't watch these recorded events? This is the 6th time Dish has done this to me in the last 2 months. I am using a VIP722 receiver.
Tags (2)
9 Replies

Re: Cannot record alternate channels

DISH Employee
Have you tried deleting the timer and re-creating it to see if anything changes? It sounds like I may need to get this to our operations team as you definitely should be able to record and view those without any issues. If re-setting up the timer doesn't fix this, let me or a co-worker know and we can get it sent along for additional review.

makineman
Character Actor
Hello- Since this is not regular programming, I can only record an event went it shows up on the alternate channels, so I cannot recreate it, but I have tried this several times, whenever there is a college hockey game on an alternate channel. I would appreciate any help with this, as it is frustrating. thank you.

DISH Employee
I have a couple steps we can look into; first, to check and see if any hard drive errors have occurred recently. To do this, press Menu on the DISH remote, then go to System Setup > Installation > System Info. Let me know if field "F" is red.

Have you also tried resetting the receiver by unplugging it from the power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in, to see if the game will play properly after that?

makineman
Character Actor
There are no drive errors, HDD is green. Receiver has been reset, it makes no difference. All other recordings work fine, just the alternate channels that don't work. It is like they have some sort of copyright on the recording of them. Like I said you can watch them live, but the recording of them do not work.

stile99
Cinematographer
Just for grins, what happens if you try to start recording one already in progress?

makineman
Character Actor
I have also tried that. It records it, but I can't watch it once it is done recording.

DISH Employee
makineman wrote:
There are no drive errors, HDD is green. Receiver has been reset, it makes no difference. All other recordings work fine, just the alternate channels that don't work. It is like they have some sort of copyright on the recording of them. Like I said you can watch them live, but the recording of them do not work.

At this time I will submit this feedback to our Engineer team so they can look into getting this resolved. I will make sure your account is flagged as one affected by this issue so we can be sure to target it when the fix is released.

Would you please send a Private Message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can access your account?

makineman
Character Actor
How about just letting me know when it is fixed.

makineman
Character Actor

I am pretty sure this is related to whatever region I am affiliated with. If Fox Sports North plays the Minnesota gopher game on its Fox Sports North plus channel, Dish puts it on an alternate channel, because Dish does not offer that channel as a full time channel. The permissions seem to be set so that anyone can watch the game, but the permissions are not correct set so that anyone who is a regular subscriber to Fox Sports North, like I am, can record, and watch that game. Since I am a Fox Sports North subsciber, it seems  that I should be able to record these games, and watch them later.