Cannot cast from Android anymore

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot cast from Android anymore

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Just recently when I try to cast from my phone to my H3 and Joey, it does not see my H3 or Joey.  It used to see them fine.  H3 is hardwired to network.  Joey is wifi.  Both are online and have internet access.  Phone is on same network.

Also noticed this at a friend's.  My phone jumps on their wifi when I am over there.  Their H3 doesn't show up on my phone or his for casting either.

Not that it matters but Google Pixel XL running Android 9.0

Have you removed the ability to "cast" to the H3 and Joey's?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot cast from Android anymore

DISH Employee

Thank you for clarifying it with me. I was able to investigate this for you and it does looks like this is a known issue that our Engineer team is aware of and working hard to find a resolution! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us with this issue, are you using the DISH Anywhere app to access recordings or channels to play on the Hopper 3 or Joey? 

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

I am using the Youtube app on my android phone to cast to the H3.  Or trying to.  It used to work fine.

DISH Employee

Thank you for clarifying it with me. I was able to investigate this for you and it does looks like this is a known issue that our Engineer team is aware of and working hard to find a resolution! 

View solution in original post

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Thank you for looking in to it.

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Any word on this?

DISH Employee

Hello gdisarray. I did look into I am not showing any updates or a timeline from our Engineering Team at this time. I know it's been a while, and we would like to thank you for your patience! 

GregP
Extra
I would rather cast sources such as YouTube, Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc. from my android phone to a Hopper or Joey. I'd be using my own libraries and I wouldn't need to install apps from Dish.

Choosekim
Character Actor
that's their go-to answer for everything they keep telling me they're trying to work on the YouTube problem for Joey's and now we can't even cast him I'm getting sick of this