Cancelling an "On Demand" download

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancelling an "On Demand" download

DJChuck
Camera Crew
Please please please put a FIRE under this suggestion! Seriously the time from us telling you about these wanted needed and NECESSARY CHANGES to a firmware update to implement these NECESSARY CHANGES should take no longer than about 30 days. We are so far past that and we here the "great idea" stroking so much yet nothing happens. Yet, we have voice command searches added to remotes! Don't get me wrong the voice search remotes are a great idea but these other items should be WAY ahead of them on the TO DO list. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

DJChuck
Camera Crew
LOL hear not here.
I am actually literate when I am not worked up.

DISH Employee

Thank you, pipertom99, GORT and DJChuck for taking the time to tell us how we can improve your DISH experience! I can totally see where this would benefit you and other customers in the future and I will go ahead and send this feedback up to the right department. Hopefully, we can get this in the works and get it as an added feature.

Coolbeans
Character Actor
Dish, please post an update when a feature gets scheduled for a release for VOD. I can't imagine this is any different from deleting or stopping a recording timer. Great suggestions by people on this board, kudos to them. I'm disappointed to hear directTV already has a leg up in this area and hope it's not a mistake that I chose Dish. Awaiting an update. Until then I know I am never touching VOD. Seems also rather silly to have to download a VOD to watch it. Even Comcast's free on demand movies were super easy to watch!

DISH Employee

Hello Coolbeans. We definitely don't want for you to regret your choice in joining our DISH Family! We love the suggestions we have received about improving our Video on Demand feature on this post! We would be happy to share our excitement and information when we do have an update.

bamanana52
Extra
I am 100 percent in agreement with the above posters. I too inadvertently started an on demand and was unable to stop since EVERYONE IN THE WORLD DOES NOT HAVE HIGHSPEED UNLIMITED INTERNET SERVICE!!! I cannot believe the hassle it was to stop this. Dish should make it a priority upgrade to make it possible to stop, pause, or schedule On Demand shows.

I have NEVER been able to download anything. It just keeps going and inthe middle of the screen!

I wish I had never signed up with DISH.

I can't even watch episodes of recorded programs in order. This is just lazy programming. Direct TV at least lets you watch programs you have recorded, in order and you don't have to press play after each episode.

I have contacted DISH about the remote not working properly and the fact of the HOPPER HAS DISCONNECTED problem that happens at least 4 times a week.

I am wondering if I really have to keep a contract for the 2 years since they are not willing or able to provide the service  that was promised.

They really don't listen.

DISH Employee

CanineCountry, I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues, we definitely want everything to be working for you! I would be happy to take a look at this for you and try to get everything up and running smoothly. 

I'd like to be able to run some diagnostic tests on your equipment, can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code? You can find the details on how to send a private message here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

catarroja
Camera Crew

I just switch to Dish and I already regreting it I only watch my favorites channels and during watching my shows those stupids downloads that I am not interested taking over my channels and that is very frustrating and it's really makes me angry I will be going back to Direct tv if I cannot get help how to stop them completely.

DISH Employee

Hello Catarroja! I would be frustrated as well with constant interruption. Can you give me a bit more information about the download interrupting your viewing?