Can't view recorded shows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view recorded shows

afriedma
Character Actor
We just got a Hopper 3 yesterday, and immediately set it to record some programs. When I press the DVR button, I can see that several programs are recording, or have been recorded (i.e. there are thumbnails pictures of the programs, showing as being recorded, or finished being recorded), but I cannot actually view any of these programs. When I select a program, and then select 'Start Over' or 'View', nothing happens. The screen goes black and after a long while, returns to the DVR screen.

Yesterday, I chatted with a Dish representative, who suggested that I wait until tomorrow, when the receiver will have an update. I did that, but this morning, the problem was not resolved.

I'm a newbie at this (well, I've been a Dish customer for 21 years, but with an older receiver), so I'm hoping that I am just doing something wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't view recorded shows

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It can take up to 72 hours. Delete the timers and recreate them. What was done previously is likely going to be lost.
3 Replies

PCHearn
Camera Crew
I suspect that the only thing you did wrong was to switch to the Hopper 3. I have a very old receiver and dread the day it dies. I might have to switch to DirecTV.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It can take up to 72 hours. Delete the timers and recreate them. What was done previously is likely going to be lost.

afriedma
Character Actor
Thanks, Chadt4141, you were right! All the timers and recordings I created in the first day are corrupted, but now its all good. The 6th game of the World Series is no good, but the 7th game was recorded. I wish this had been made clearer to me, I wouldn't have spent so much time trying to make it work.