Can't get alexa device list to update?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get alexa device list to update?

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
The "link device" part of the alexa setup REFUSES to update. I'm trying to connect a joey 4k which it absolutely refuses to see, but the joey 2 that unplugged days ago is still on the list?? I've tried EVERYTHING to get it to refresh the available devices..

I've done all the basics unplugged ect, beyond that:

I've hard reset (hold the mic + vol down for 30 seconds to reset) my echo dot and re-setup no joy..

I've hard reset then de-register from amazon and re-reg start from scratch, no joy..

I've hard reset de-registered then started over and registering with a DIFFERENT amazon account (really though this HAD to work) but noooo...

Somehow after coming in with a blank dot from a different account it still somehow has the same (wrong) list, showing a joey 2 that I unplugged 2 days ago and no sign of a joey 4k that is working and visible/accessible on my network..

Dish support was as helpful as usual, "Well, ummm.. I dun know?"

Any ideas?
Tags (2)
6 Replies

Re: Can't get alexa device list to update?

DISH Employee
Are you following the steps at https://www.mydish.com/support/products ... w-to/alexa by chance? If the skill is already enabled, you should just be able to get the code from the Hopper to get everything linked, and may need to get the code again if you haven't yet since you put the 4K Joey in.

Other than that though, the only other thing we can do is send it to our operations team to review further as the steps on the link above should work.

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
Tommy F. wrote:
Are you following the steps at https://www.mydish.com/support/products ... w-to/alexa by chance? If the skill is already enabled, you should just be able to get the code from the Hopper to get everything linked, and may need to get the code again if you haven't yet since you put the 4K Joey in.

Other than that though, the only other thing we can do is send it to our operations team to review further as the steps on the link above should work.

I've gotten the code a dozen times and it does not help.

There must be some sort of cache on dish/amazons end needs to be cleared..

That's the only way I can explain how a hard reset, de-registering from my amazon account resenting the device and starting from scratch with a NEW amazon account and after all this what should be a considered a brand new unit STILL has the same (wrong) devices listed..

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
What alexa sees..

[img:32rtnfde]https://image.ibb.co/fqock6/Capture.png[/img:32rtnfde]

What the local network sees..

[img:32rtnfde]https://image.ibb.co/dLHEXm/r.png[/img:32rtnfde]

What "bedroom 1" looks like..

Base URL 192.168.1.205:49200/
Device icon None
Device URN urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1
Embedded devices 0
Expiration timeout 1800
Friendly name ZiP Hopper(Bedroom 1)
Has presentation False
Interface to host 192.168.1.40
Manufacturer Echostar Technologies LLC
Manufacturer URL http://www.echostar.com
Model description U483|U483
Model name XiP813 Hopper
Model number
Presentation URL
Product code
Proprietary type
Remote endpoint 192.168.1.205:49200
Serial number
Services 3
Standard type MediaRenderer
Unique device name 482e8dac-7fad-11df-afb7-71f073c2cba2
Version 1.0

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
Don't know if this is significant, when I go to the web interface to select a device I get the
"Manage and Link Devices" link to click that takes you to the device setup page, but when I access the same page with my tablet I get the "enable skill" link instead.

If you click the link you get asked for your pairing code, but entering the code does not change anything, the next time you come back it still asks you to "enable skill", but if you click "enable skill" and hit back instead of entering the code it takes you to the pairing screen, which works other than not showing the box I want to pair with ;-(

DISH Employee
If there is a way to clear the cache, I am not aware of it. Another person on the forum may have more experience with that, though you can also try contacting Amazon. If you haven't yet, deleting and re-installing the apps may help as well. Other than that though, I couldn't say what could be causing that. If you send me a PM with the account or phone #, I will send it along on my side for further review.

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
Well it only took 5 days but it finally updated, not sure if clearing data from the alexa app on my tablet helped, but it did fix the constant re-requesting of the activation code, and 24hrs later the joey 4k re-appeared, not sure if the 2 are related but it's working now, thanks..