Can not play OTA recording on Hopper 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not play OTA recording on Hopper 2

N4HHE
Character Actor

Hopper records OTA via dual adapter but attempts to view the recording often sticks on the flashing green marquee until it times out and goes back to the previous video. 

Dish Anywhere has no such trouble viewing the recording on iPad. Dish Anywhere can also instantly start playback of the OTA recording on my TV. 

Resetting the Hopper has enabled viewing from Hopper GUI of stuck OTA recordings this past week. And since then have been able to record and view OTA without issue a few times. Possibly the problem tonight was that I tried to start playback before the recording was complete. Got the green marquee. Gave up until the recording was complete. An earlier OTA recording tonight is also stuck. Then started viewing from Dish Anywhere.

Spent an hour on phone with customer assistance earlier this week. She remotely witnessed the problem. Unplug-reset allowed the programs to be viewed, but that is not a reasonable solution. Problem has returned. 

OTA recordings that reset fixed are still fixed but tonight’s new recordings can not be accessed from the Hopper GUI.

Seriously doubt I’m doing anything wrong. Hard to believe I am the only one with this issue but search found nothing and the CA aid there was nothing like it. 

Dish subscriber since 1996. First posting here. 

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can not play OTA recording on Hopper 2

4060A
Extra

I have had problems also with OtA,but not with recordings just trying to watch shows.but thanks for the info on disconnecting it seems to work.

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear that you are still having some issues accessing your OTA recordings on your Hopper, and that the reset did not fully resolve this for you. We definitely want to look into this and get it working for you. Can you please Private Message me your account/phone number, and 4 digit PIN so we take a look at your equipment?

Here are the steps for sending a Private Message:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

N4HHE
Character Actor

Jessica the private message URL you provided returns "invalid parameters specified" but have found instructions using Search at https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/m-p/15039

DISH Employee

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, we will be sure to get that updated. Were you able to get a private message sent with your account/phone number, and 4 digit PIN?