Can I screen mirror from my phone to Hopper 3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I screen mirror from my phone to Hopper 3?

JRizuto70
Character Actor

I am just wondering if there is a way to mirror the image on my phone to my TV through the Hopper 3?  Considering the HBO dispute does not look likely to end, I will likely end up with an HBO Now to be able to watch Game of Thrones.  I would prefer not to have to watch on my phone though.  I know I could get a long USB to connect my phone to the TV, and I know I could also get a Blu-Ray player with Miracast that will allow this.  I'm just wondering if I can do it with my current equipment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I screen mirror from my phone to Hopper 3?

Chadt4141
Production Manager
That is not an option with a dish. I would recommend a FireStick, just as cheap as a DVD player but with more options and better picture.
3 Replies

Chadt4141
Production Manager
That is not an option with a dish. I would recommend a FireStick, just as cheap as a DVD player but with more options and better picture.

JRizuto70
Character Actor

Thanks.  A firestick is a bit of a waste of money for me since I cannot get Internet service in my home.  

Chadt4141
Production Manager
You can cast from your phone to the FireStick, similar to a DVD player. If you set your phone to hotspot, and the FireStick to link to it, shouldn’t have an issue. If more comfortable with the DVD player that way, def go that route.