Can I mirror my Hopper3 with my new wireless Joey?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I mirror my Hopper3 with my new wireless Joey?

lbeck02
Camera Crew
I got a Hopper3 last week for the family room and got a wireless Joey for my office just today. The tech who installed the WJ said that it can mirror what is being watched on the H3. Simultaneously showing real-time FF, Rew, etc. Is this correct? I can't find a way, but I'm new to this.

I had a VIP 722 for about 20 years and mirroring was accomplished through the coax home distribution system
6 Replies

Re: Can I mirror my Hopper3 with my new wireless Joey?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Mirroring, no. However you can join live broadcasts, however there will always be a delay.

lbeck02
Camera Crew
Chadt4141 wrote:
Mirroring, no. However you can join live broadcasts, however there will always be a delay.
Thanks for the reply. Again, I'm new to the Hopper system and there is little (essentially no) documentation.

How do you "join live broadcasts"?? I see that option on the H3 but don't see the program simultaneously on the joeys.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Press options and then tv activity.

lbeck02
Camera Crew
Chadt4141 wrote:
Press options and then tv activity.
Then what? I've done that on the Hopper but I don't have an options button on the 40.0 remote that came with the wireless joey. I have pressed "menu" and then "settings" but I don't see options for joining the hopper or mating with another tuner. Does this have something to do with the multiple tuners? Is there some way to identify which tuner the Joey is using, and then join that tuner?

I know that this will be simple after I do it once, but I haven't found the routine yet by flying blind.

Thanks for your help.

Options > TV activity > select the viewing you wish to join > join
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Chadt41411
Casting Director
On the 40.0, you would just press the red button.