Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can I edit the "my channels on now" list in the Menu

simonf80
Character Actor

I am new to Dish and have a Hopper 3

Question:  can I edit the list of channels shown on the Home screen in the "My Channels"  sections ("my channels on now", "my channels on next", etc)?  The list curently shows channels that I never use.  I would like to put the channels I actually watch there.  Can I replace it with one of my lists?  If so, how - I can't find the work flow to get it replaced.  

Tags (3)
10 Replies

Re: Can I edit the "my channels on now" list in the Menu

DISH Employee

Hi Simon. I hope your having a pleasant afternoon. The Hopper 3 has tons of features, I'd be happy to help you with this one. You can edit or create a new channel list. Can you tell me what type of remote you are using? On the back you will see w number like 54.0.

simonf80
Character Actor

Thank you for your response.  

I have a type 54.0 remote with my Hopper 3.

Please note that I am trying to edit the channels that appear on the Home tab of the menu area of the UI.  This tab has lists named like "my channels on now".  I would like to limit that list to a selection of channels that I actually watch.  I have created a private list of channels from that can be applied to the guide, but I can't find a way to apply it to the Home tab. 

DISH Employee

Thank you for providing this information. Just to clarify can you tell me what it says at the top of your page? Are we seeing Guide Options?

simonf80
Character Actor

No, I am not seeing guide options.  I am trying to edit the Home menu.

- Press Home button on the remote once.

- See page with tabs (Home Screen with tabs Menu, Home, Shows...)

- Select Home tab (contains horizontal lists of items, with "My Channels on now" at the top)

I want to edit what is in the list named:  "My Channels on now"

DISH Employee

The My Channels on now list cannot be edited, this list shows that last 10 channels that were watched, and has no options for editing.

simonf80
Character Actor

That is not what I am seeing.  The list seems to be somewhat random.  It sometimes shows the last channel I watched, but mostly it just shows an arbitrary list of channels.  There seems to be no logic to it.  

DISH Employee

It will show that last channel. It will show the last channels that were viewed even of you are channel surfing. 

Mewalker0
Extra
Same here. They are just random channels. Not channels I watch or go to. Dish is missing out on a useful update!

DISH Employee

I can definitely see how useful this feature would be! I will be happy to forward it to our Engineering Team for consideration. In the mean time, you can set up a Favorites list so you can view them all in one place. You can view the steps for this here https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/set-preferences/guide.