Caller ID History not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID History not working on Hopper 3

bfadams
Camera Crew

I have had a Hopper 3 since March of 2018. Caller ID works but Caller ID History has never worked. I have made at least 4 to 5 reports to support and they keep telling me they are working on my issue but tells me they have no other reports of this issue on the Hopper 3. This is one of the features I liked on the Hopper 2. I have never heard anything back from them except when I call them. The last I reported this issue, I informed them that they had 30 days to contact me back that are working on the issue or I was changing over to Direct TV. Their time is about up. Has anyone else had this problem with the Hopper 3?

18 Replies

Re: Caller ID History not working on Hopper 3

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
When you switched to the Hopper3 in March of 2018, you like got a new 24 month commitment. If switching to DTV, this issue wouldn’t justify waiving the ETF, so if you do switch, be prepared for that.

bfadams
Camera Crew

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not getting what I'm paying for so you have not honored your part of the contract. I was told they have no other reports and it may be my Hopper 3 set. I told them if it was my set, just replace it. They declined and the only communication from Dish is your threats, not a solution.

Highlighted

bfadams
Camera Crew

By the way, are there any of you that have the Hopper 3 having the same trouble out there????

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I would strongly encourage reading the contract. Software features is a covered item in there... you may be disappointed in what you find out. As far as threats, I promise I am not threatening. I am informing of the process to take place should you move forward as you claimed. Giving you information, even when you do not like it, is not a threat just because it has a negative impact vs what you thought would happen.

DISH Employee

Oh, no! I hate to hear that you are having trouble with the Caller ID feature! To verify a few things, your home Caller ID on your land line works fine, correct? Additionally, can you grab your DISH remote, then press the Menu/Home button two times, select "Settings", then "Notification". Is the Caller ID set to "on" or "off"?

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

My Hopper 3 keeps a detailed log of call history so I am not experiencing the same issue.  I got my Hopper 3 on March 1, 2018.

bfadams
Camera Crew

I have had Dish Support on my Hopper many times and they check all the settings and they are all correct. I get Caller ID on my phone and on the tv through the Hopper when the call comes in but it keeps no History of the calls.

They keep telling me they are working on the issue but also said they didn't have any other Hopper 3 reporting the same problem. I suggested they send me another Hopper 3 if the problem was only in my set. They said they were still working on my issue and at that time would not send me another set. The last time I talked to them was March 19, 2019. I never have had a call from Dish with any info on their part.

If there are no other similar reports from other Hopper 3, it makes sense it's my set. Rather than keeping me waiting, why don't they just send me a new Hopper 3? 

bfadams
Camera Crew

I just had a Dish Service tech out today and he called his boss and was told that Caller ID History is not an option on the Hopper 3.

If it's not an option, why are dome with the Hopper 3 getting it?

DISH Employee

Hello bfadams. The Caller ID History can be located in the the My Account section out you Menu. You can access it by pressing your Home button twice > My Account > Caller ID History. It should be operational on all our Hoppers as long as the Caller ID feature is working too! From your previous post, it does sound like everything is working besides that section. If that's the case, it's likely an issue with the Software, but I would be happy to look into this further with you. Can you shoot me a Private Message with you phone number and 4-digit PIN please? If you're not sure how to do that, you can visit: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039