Blutooth App problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blutooth App problem

aminoil
Character Actor
Hello, If y'all don't know this my Blutooth headphones wouldn't work on my Hopper3 which i had paired with. The Blutooth Icon under settings wasn't there either. So i unplugged the Hopper3 for 30 seconds then plugged it back in. After booting up my Blutooth Icon came back. I did have to unpair and pair back my headphones, but after that everything came back to normal. 

10 Replies

Re: Blutooth App problem

DISH Employee

Aminoil, thank you for letting us know about this issue. We have been getting reports about the Bluetooth icon disappearing. A good work around is to unplug the receiver from the power outlet for 15 seconds, then plug back in. I want to get more information. May you press the Home/Menu button three times on your remote. It will take you to a Diagnostics screen. May I have the Hopper Software version? 

aminoil
Character Actor

The Software version is U508    2/18/2018, 7:43 AM

DISH Employee

Thank you for that. It looks like you have the previous software version, which may be causing this issue. To update your software version, please press the Home/Menu button three times. It will take you to a "Diagnostics" screen. Scroll down to "Tools", select "Upgrade Software", then select "Upgrade Now" on pop-up 1573. The receiver will start to update. Your receiver will not be available for use for up to 30 minutes during the update. Once it has completed, it should update to version U5.11. Please let us know if the software does not update. 

aminoil
Character Actor

Hello,

The Software Version did not update. Its stil U508. I tried to update software again and it says. Your receiver already has the latest software Installed: SWID U508. And it wont let me update manually again.

aminoil
Character Actor

I tried a second time and it didnt update to the newer version. Its stays U508

DISH Employee

Another way to download the software is by placing the Hopper and Joeys into standby mode. To do this, press the receiver power button on the DISH remote. The screen will then change to "Press select to watch TV". A tuner must be available, and any timers must be skipped for the software to download. A screen will then appear showing the software download. This can take a few minuets to appear. 

aminoil
Character Actor

Hello, 

I performed the update as you last suggested and it did the update. I now have version U511. Thank you

DISH Employee

Perfect! Aminoil, are you still able to see the Bluetooth Icon? So far, any trouble connecting your headphones to the Hopper? 

aminoil
Character Actor

Yes I can still see the Icon and have no problem connecting to my head phones. Thank you