Bluetooth not working on New Joeys

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not working on New Joeys

Miataron
Extra
Just updated to Hopper 3 system this past week only to find there is a glitch in the new Joey that effects the bluetooth operation. Anyone know the status of a fix. This glitch makes it impossible to use the overpriced headset dish sold me.
5 Replies

Re: Bluetooth not working on New Joeys

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
What SW is currently loaded on the Hopper and Joeys?
Does the headset work with the Hopper?

Might contact DISH Support and ask for help and info about this.

Miataron
Extra
Just spoke to dish. Scheduled resolution datell is April 4th.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Glad fix is coming soon. ;)

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
Miataron wrote:
Just updated to Hopper 3 system this past week only to find there is a glitch in the new Joey that effects the bluetooth operation. Anyone know the status of a fix. This glitch makes it impossible to use the overpriced headset dish sold me.

Which Joey? I have the Wireless one (got it with new Hopper 3 a little over a year ago), with the BT dongle that I got from Dish plugged into USB port - my "high priced" IHIP headphones work just fine. You say "New" Joey's - maybe you are referring to the 4K version?

Nancy
Extra

I am a new customer and had Dish installed yesterday. One of my Joeys is a wireless one. I can't find bluetooth settings in the menu for that one. I contacted the online chat help desk, and the person I chatted with stated that my wireless Joey should be capable of bluetooth audio. I still can't find a bluetooth option in the menu, though. Here is that communication: 

Auto-Generated Message (13:43:03 GMT) : I am a new subscriber and just got my equipment yesterday. Do I need a bluetooth adapter for my wireless Joey? 
JoyKristine_OPID_QH8 (13:43:38 GMT) : Hello good morning! 
Visitor (13:43:45 GMT) : Good morning.
JoyKristine_OPID_QH8 (13:44:18 GMT) : Your Wifi Joey will work just fine, since the technician already installed everything for you
Visitor (13:44:47 GMT) : Do I need a bluetooth adaptor to listen to a bluetooth speaker?
Visitor (13:45:23 GMT) : I couldn't find an option for connecting to a bluetooth speaker in the menu, but maybe I just overlooked it.
JoyKristine_OPID_QH8 (13:45:40 GMT) : One moment please
JoyKristine_OPID_QH8 (13:46:44 GMT) : Your Wifi Joey has already built in bluetooth adaptor so you can  Easy to connect headphones or other bluetooth devices
Visitor (13:46:53 GMT) : Oh, great!
JoyKristine_OPID_QH8 (13:47:24 GMT) : Kindly go to Settings 
JoyKristine_OPID_QH8 (13:47:46 GMT) : and click Bluetooth audio 
Visitor (13:48:11 GMT) : OK. I'll do that. I'm not near that TV now, but I'll do it later. Thanks.