Bluetooth connectivity

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connectivity

Nikmom
Extra
Picked up new Bluetooth headphones, Sound great when they work! AND they are connected to my iPad and working just fine.
BUT
For some reason after a few seconds connected to Dish Bluetooth the Headphones start getting garbled, distorted, crackly. You get the idea. Go back to good sound, then out again.
Tried all troubleshooting ( interference) I could think of (my internet, etc.)
BUT I am using them now with my iPad, working beautifully. NO cutting out, etc.
Only conclusion is it the Dish Bluetooth itself? Any other thoughts? Is it fixable?
I Called Dishtech, said it was the speakers inside the headset.?? No sure of that.
BTW the Headphones are silvercrest SBTH4.1A1. ( I bought two pair, both do the same thing). However, I have two other headphones - one a cheap Motorola ear buds & the other other pair are PuroSound $100 pair! Both connect & work just fine.
Any solutions short of taking back the Silvercrest would be appreciated.
Thank You
Nikmom
UPDATE: I have the Hopper 3 W/Sling, forgot to add.
Tags (2)
8 Replies

Re: Bluetooth connectivity

RickObe
Visual Engineer
The Hopper's BT seems particularly sensitive, especially since the last couple updates. I have a pair of earbuds that I've been using for a long time, but lately they are cutting out several times during each 1/2 hour show. The sound just drops away for about 3-5 seconds, then comes back. If I skip back on the remote, I can hear the dialog I missed. Very annoying.

DISH Employee
I am sorry to hear you guys are having this issue with the Bluetooth headphones. At this time we are not aware of any issues with this brand of headphones and I would be happy to submit this feedback to our Engineer Team.

Nikmom
Extra

Good Morning Samantha
Yes, on behalf of my self and other frustrated Dish customers, please report my and many other incidents with Bluetooth headphones NO longer working properly to DISH Techs. All due to software update, or so we believe. Anyway we can chat privately? I have a direct question for you. Thanks. NM

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Nikmom wrote:
Anyway we can chat privately? I have a direct question for you. Thanks. NM

You can send a private message to Samantha by clicking on her name, then Send Private Message.

SUZYQ
Extra

I have a new set of BOSE Soundlink wireless headphones which pair and connect to my Joey via Bluetooth. The sound through my Bose headphones is excellent. My problem is that while the Joey indicates I am paired & connected to my headphones, each time I power on my headphones, I have no sound until I disconnect from and re-Pair with the Joey. I've read others have the same issue. I do not have this issue with other devices I've paired with my headphones. Please do what you can to correct this issue with the Joey bluetooth.   

DISH Employee

Thanks for that info SUZYQ. I will submit that feedback to our engineering team to look into this issue. It may require a system update to correct.

N27
Extra

Has this issue been fixed?  I placed a call about connecting to bluetooth speakers last month.. The bluetooth worked for 2 years, even purchased bose bluetooth speakers, crackled sound.. (thought it was the bluetooth, tested on 2 other bluetooth speakers... same issue).. first it did not work on pandora app.. now the sirius app... and tv stations... I use this daily to listen to music outdoors.. 

DISH Employee

How far away from the receiver are you getting while connected through Bluetooth?
Since its connected through Bluetooth, the further you get from the device, the more likely you are to have an interrupted connection. Different headphones will have different ranges for how far they can get from the device before disconnecting.