Bluetooth connection issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connection issue

ellenj
Character Actor
my husband uses a bluetooth headset in order to hear the tv. (without turning the volume up so it drives me out of the room!)

this function worked until the most recent 'upgrade/update' to DISH's software. we have purchased two new different brands of bluetooth headsets in the last month trying to solve this problem. but it seems like it's not the headsets - it's some kind of connection issue with DISH.

we have no trouble pairing each of the headsets with the tv/DISH - they show up just fine and we can connect each one of them with no problem.

but then in a minute or a few minutes or in a second, the connection is lost. when we look at the settings/bluetooth screen, sure enough, it shows DISCONNECTED. we reconnect it and sure enough, in another minute, it disconnects itself. this happens with both brand new headsets -

DISH has said they don't know what to do - but this is sure irritating and extremely frustrating. we pay a huge amount of $$$ to DISH every month for their service but it's becoming unusable. this upgrade/update has definitely damaged our service and attitude toward them.

hoping someone has another idea about a solution...
18 Replies

Re: Bluetooth connection issue

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
I have an older "MPOW" Bluetooth headset that I use nightly with our Hopper w/Sling with no problem. I don't know what they might have changed that would cause your connectivity problem...

peggyrh
Associate Producer
All of my (inexpensive) bluetooth headphones are working OK too, no disconnection problems.

ellenj
Character Actor
well, it's nice that other people's bluetooth works, but my husband's sure doesn't. all started with the DISH software update...half the time it doesn't work. it just keeps cutting out to the point that it cannot be used. it's driving me crazy (& him too)

sure with someone anywhere had a suggestion about the solution since DISH has been no help

stile99
Cinematographer
When my bluetooth headset starts cutting out randomly, that's a really good sign it's time to charge it.

DISH Employee
ellenj wrote:
well, it's nice that other people's bluetooth works, but my husband's sure doesn't. all started with the DISH software update...half the time it doesn't work. it just keeps cutting out to the point that it cannot be used. it's driving me crazy (& him too)

sure with someone anywhere had a suggestion about the solution since DISH has been no help

Are there any error messages on the screen, or picture distortion when the Bluetooth unpairs from the Hopper?
Do you lose the Bluetooth connection on live TV, recordings or when you're using an App like Netflix?

ellenj
Character Actor
it's charged every night faithfully.

no error messages show up on the screen. all of a sudden after a minute or an hour, it just starts cutting out to the point he can no longer hear the program. too disruptive.

also sometimes, it just disconnnects itself. doesn't even bother to cut out, it just turns itself off.

all of these issues happen with both brand new (different brands) bluetooth headsets.

happened again this afternoon.

and sometimes it works for several hours, no problem

DISH Employee
Have the headphones been connected to any other device? They may be disconnecting from the Hopper to pair with another device.

ellenj
Character Actor
no, they haven't been used with anything except the tv

Community Manager
Community Manager
Are you using a Hopper or a Joey with a Bluetooth adapter?