Bluetooth audio option disappears

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth audio option disappears

TJHARIG
Extra
At some point between last night and tonight the bluetooth audio icon on my Hopper has disappeared. I was told that I need a Bluetooth adapter for this to work. I have connected my surround sound this way hundreds of times. Where did it go?
Tags (3)
6 Replies

Re: Bluetooth audio option disappears

DISH Employee

Hello, we do have reports of a software bug causing the icon to disappear. You would only need the Bluetooth adapter if you have our first model Hopper 2000 or a Joey. This is built in on the Hopper with Sling and Hopper 3 models. Try hard resetting the Hopper by disconnecting the power for 30 seconds and reconnecting. After the reboot check the settings and see if the icon has returned. Our tech team is aware of this issue and currently working on a fix in a future update. At this time I don't have an eta when that will go live.

naustin
Camera Crew

wrote:
At some point between last night and tonight the bluetooth audio icon on my Hopper has disappeared. I was told that I need a Bluetooth adapter for this to work. I have connected my surround sound this way hundreds of times. Where did it go?

I have had this happen almost every day over the past 8 months, until I changed the Update/Restart time to about 4 am.  Now I have the BT icon 95% of the time. It seems if I'm watching or recording something during an update time, the Bluetooth Icon is lost.  The short fix is as DISH says reboot the Receiver.  Good luck.

Blaker4495
Extra
My receiver also does this. Hopper 3 w/ sling.

DISH Employee

Hello, Blaker4495. I hate to hear that you're having this issue too. We are currently aware of this issue, and our Engineering team is working on a fix that will be released in a future patch. We don't have an exact timeline when it will be fixed yet. However, we are showing great success by performing a hard reset at the Hopper. This would be when you disconnect your Hopper from the power source for up to 30 seconds and plug it back in. This should make it reappear. 

dwholt
Character Actor

I guess i have bad luck, as that has not brought back my bluetooth icon.

DISH Employee

That's no good, dwholt! Some of our members have reported that this doesn't work all the time. Our Engineering team is still working on getting this working like it should for everyone. We are still looking for feedback that can help get this resolved quicker. Would you mind sending me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please?