Bluetooth audio option disappears

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth audio option disappears

Dusty91582
Extra
My hopper requires me to reset at least once a day due to issues that it has with operating. Sometimes when I reset, the Bluetooth feature disappears from the menu. I am really losing my patience with this company that seems to be taking advantage of me. What is so difficult about offering a service to people hat actually works properly? I just want my recordings to play on the first try instead of having to repeatedly go back into the menu and select it to play. And I want my Bluetooth settings to remain in the hopper menu no matter how much I have to reset the hopper (which is a lot because it encounters so many errors during normal operations due to the fact that Dish will not address any operational errors that customers inform them of.)
12 Replies

Re: Bluetooth audio option disappears

DISH Employee

Hello, Dusty! I have seen some reports of this specific issue of the Bluetooth icon disappearing happening for other customers as well and it has been forwarded to our Engineering Team to look into. I would be happy to forward your specific information to them as well, since you are also being affected. Can you please Private Message us so we can get the information needed for the report ? You can do this by clicking the mail icon on the top right corner of the page and click New Message. You will need to type in my username in the Send To field. 

What other issues are you having with your Hopper? You shouldn't be needing to reset it that often due to technical problems.

Mbramhall
Character Actor
I have the same issue Dishnthis is a know issue for months
Your software updates have removed a capability
Advise when this issue is being fixed. Sending to your engineering team is BS. Somewhere you lost the code that enables Bluetooth
Go back to your previous versions and compare the code. It can’t be that difficult,

Churchy65
Extra

I am trying to hookup my sound bar but I do not even have the bluetooth option to choose from...what should I do?

DISH Employee

Hi Churchy65! Sorry to hear you are having that issue. What receiver are you trying to connect the sound bar to? A Wally or Joey will require a separate Bluetooth USB adapter for the icon to appear. On a Hopper this function is built in.

Deano
Character Actor

I moved my Bluetooth USB dongle that had been working since installed in January to my Hopper 3.  At first, i had the Bluetooth icon in the menu, but it would't pair to the headphones, no matter what I tried.  Then, a week later I go to try again, and the icon is gone...  No Bluetooth option.  Tried all 3 USB ports, no luck.  Reset, no luck.  Power off/on, no luck.  Option is also now missing on the previous Joey.  I paid over $100 for these headphones/USB dongle.  If they don't fix this ASAP, I want my money back on this shady deal.

DISH Employee

Hi Deano! To clarify if you are at the Hopper, we will want to hard reset the receiver by unplugging it and plugging it back into the wall outlet for direct power. This has been a work around for the icon missing. 

dag3832
Extra

I am having the same issue with my new Joey 3 only the buetooth icon never shows up, even when I do a hard reboot.  It works fine on the hopper.  My software version is u556.  This is so frustrating, especially when I look up the issue and see that this has been an ongoing issue for well over a year and they haven't fixed it!  

DISH Employee

Hi, dag3832! I want to try a Whole Home Reset to see if that gets the Bluetooth Icon to show up on your Joey. Can you try unplugging all of the receivers in your home, then plug them back in starting with the Hopper?

dag3832
Extra

I tried that.  Unplugged everything for a few minutes.  Didn't work.  Still don't have a Bluetooth icon on the Joey.