Black Screen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen

1oscardog1
Camera Crew
Without touching any thing we will be watching a program from our DVR and all of a sudden the screed goes Black + no sound. You can push every button you can find and nothing helps !! - I go to my TV Remote (not the Dish 50) and I change the input source from something else and then back to DISH as the source and everything comes back. I go to DVR and click on what we were watching and hit Resume and all is fine ???
This happened 2 times yesterday an it is a first for us for this problem.
We have had this Hopper 3 since 2/5/2016
Help
Thanks -- George
6 Replies

Re: Black Screen

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
What SW version is loaded on the Hopper 3?
How is the Hopper 3 connected to the TV? HDMI?
What resolution do you have the Hopper set for? 720 or 1080 or 4k?
What Mfr and model is the TV?

Might try a factory reset and let the Hopper clear it's configuration then test again.
By chance you can test with a different TV [u:nx3lngsm]if[/u:nx3lngsm] you have one available?

1oscardog1
Camera Crew
SW is version -- U345 - 3/6/2017
Resolution --- 1080
Connected with HDMI
2015 Samsung - UN658500

Thanks -- George

JSracer
Audio Engineer
could try swapping hdmi cables, or inputs on the tv to pin down things.
how often does this happen, if often you will know relatively quickly.
i might start with the cable,

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Also what channels or saved videos or viewing on demand videos are you watching when this happens?

1oscardog1
Camera Crew
As I said this is the first time since 2/2016 that this has happened -- When it did it twice were were watching 2 different DVR Recordings.
It has not happened since -- I will keep watching it -- If it does it again I will try a power off reset and not a reset from the tools menu.Thanks for all your inputs --- George

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
May have been an internal reset or update that took place and isn't seen frequently. Hope it keeps working well.
Good Luck. ;)