Bizarre Recording Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Recording Issues

skoy2016
Costume Designer
Hi everybody. I ran into two recording problems with Joey 2. The tv that I use daily is connected to Joey 2.

I record a half an hour soccer show on channel 392 (Bein) named The Xtra at 7 pm. Whatever the reason is Friday's recording broke into 3 segments!! 18 minutes, 5 minutes and 10 minutes (the last one included 3 extra minutes since it is a default). All were saved in the same "The Extra" folder. I watched all 3 and deleted. Yes, it is not a game changer. But, I wonder why this happened. Exactly same thing with Stephen Colbert show happened several months ago. That show had 4 parts! Is there a software glitch?

The second issue is with an episode deleting itself. I selected "Record series" for 8 episode show "Genius" on NTGEO. All were recorded. I confirmed it. All of a sudden episode 4 is gone! I am hoping National Geographic channel will broadcast the series again. Again, software bug?

Thanks if you take your time to read and answer.
7 Replies

Re: Bizarre Recording Issues

RickObe
Visual Engineer
This can happen if the channel goes "offline" due to weather interference. Was there a storm that day?

skoy2016
Costume Designer
Thanks Rick. You r an early riser, too.

I live in Georgetown, KY. in the sticks. Well, it has been cloudy here lately. It rained very little. no storm, nothing major. Just like I said, it happens rarely. On a stormy day, the recording doesn't stop. it is just unplayable.

skoy2016
Costume Designer
Should have said unwatchable. it plays. but you know there is a weather related issue. The screen shows there is a signal loss.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
skoy2016 wrote:
Should have said unwatchable. it plays. but you know there is a weather related issue. The screen shows there is a signal loss.

Most of the time it will say unplayable. Sometimes it will split. But also could be a power interruption? That definitely causes a split recording.

skoy2016
Costume Designer
I think you have a point there. Whenever there is a power issue, my range in the kitchen shows "PF" on its display. I am assuming pf stands for "power failure". My electricity is provided by a rural coop.

skoy2016
Costume Designer
Shouldn't there be missing seconds or minutes when the power is lost? Hopper 3 does not have a backup power. When I watched those 3 parts, everything seemed normal.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
skoy2016 wrote:
Shouldn't there be missing seconds or minutes when the power is lost? Hopper 3 does not have a backup power. When I watched those 3 parts, everything seemed normal.

Yes, if there was a power interruption, you should be missing a few minutes. Maybe Hopper going bad. Perhaps PM a rep here (name in orange) about getting it replaced.