Big Bang Theory timer issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Bang Theory timer issue

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Just happened to notice in the guide... Big Bang Theory on Thursday Feb 2nd showed no timer symbol. Not being skipped, just no timer at all. This is even though I already have a timer set for BBT, new episodes. The guide shows this as a new episode first airing on 2/2/17.

So, I set up a new timer from the guide entry. Now I have two separate timers for "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS. Looking at the details in the timer list, both appear to be [b:53ip2q5q][u:53ip2q5q]identical[/u:53ip2q5q][/b:53ip2q5q]. Yet one timer's schedule shows [b:53ip2q5q]ONLY[/b:53ip2q5q] skipping a repeat broadcast on Mon 1/30, and the other (the new timer) shows [b:53ip2q5q]ONLY[/b:53ip2q5q] recording of the new broadcast on 2/2.

Doing a Dish Search for "The Big Bang Theory" includes the repeat episode on 1/30, but omits the new episode on 2/2.

Very strange. Glad I caught it, but it makes me wonder what other timers are not seeing events that should be included.

Re: Big Bang Theory timer issue

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Just checked mine & same thing.

stile99
Cinematographer
There's definitely something with the data, that I assume/hope will be backfilled. The description is just the generic description, not the episode-specific description. There are a few shows on multiple channels around that timeframe that are this way.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Yeah, hopefully just some directory data that is not yet fully updated.

ryancwill
Camera Crew
I just posted this issue in a different forum thread:

[url:3ss7rzi2]https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20735[/url:3ss7rzi2]

I also setup a new timer and kept the old one. For a while the "new" timer was only picking up new unaired episodes, despite being set for new and repeats. The "old" timer however was picking up the repeats, but not the new episodes. Now this has changed again. The "old" timer is back to catching everything, but the "new" timer isn't set to record anything. These timers have identical information except for creation date (and priority but are right next to each other in the priority list).

Have similar issue with a few other shows. Hope there is some official information on this soon, as I have no confidence that my timers are going to record what I need them to.

scotar
Audio Engineer
Is it not showing up since CBS BBT is already recording in Prime Time Anytime? If so it knows it is an old episode. PTAT doesn't show in the schedule so I would imagine a skipped episode from PTAT wouldn't be in the schedule either.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
scotar wrote:
Is it not showing up since CBS BBT is already recording in Prime Time Anytime? If so it knows it is an old episode. PTAT doesn't show in the schedule so I would imagine a skipped episode from PTAT wouldn't be in the schedule either.

I do not have PTAT turned on. Just a regular timer. It's clearly an irregularity in the guide data.

ryancwill
Camera Crew
RickObe wrote:
scotar wrote:

I do not have PTAT turned on. Just a regular timer. It's clearly an irregularity in the guide data.

Same here. Not using PTAT. I believe irregularity for Big Bang Theory is corrected but I have same issue on Impractical Jokers on TruTV. Old timer catches all repeats but no new shows and a new timer only catches resent repeats and new shows. REALLY tired of constantly monitoring my timers to make sure everything records. Might as well just do one time recordings to get what I want to watch.