Better way to SEARCH & RECORD

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better way to SEARCH & RECORD

skoy2016
Costume Designer
After all those updates, there is still room to improve Here is what really bugs me to find and record:

Saturday morning around 8 am (Eastern time), There are some soccer games from Premier league on different channels. I already know that channels 18 and 159 broadcast them live. Instead of using GUIDE on my remote and scrolling so many times to find them, I prefer to use SEARCH button. But, it is not working the way it should. This is what happens:

I press SEARCH.Enter letters S O C. Dish shows me 4 is for Premier league. So, I select 4 hoping that I will see all the English soccer games to chose from. Instead, I see ony one choice, which is to record SERIES.

I'd like to see a list of games, and decide which ones I am interested in.
Tags (2)
11 Replies

Re: Better way to SEARCH & RECORD

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Have you tried using the "Game Finder" app?

skoy2016
Costume Designer
Thanks Dutch. I never thought about it. It sounds like you did. Since there are so many soccer games, I would like to be able to sort them out. For instance, select a game or two among La Liga or Calcio. I prefer to watch a competitive game like yesterday's Liverpool vs Chelsea.

Would you mind explaining how you use Gamefinder?

I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
[url:3bsp5igh]https://www.mydish.com/support/products/receivers/hopper/how-to/game-finder[/url:3bsp5igh]

Rivertonpaul
Character Actor
Game Finder has been very frustrating in trying to record soccer games that are broadcast on different channels, particularly those broadcast on BeIN Sports. Despite my efforts to record the games in English, Game Finder records the games with Spanish audio because it records from the alternate English channel 891 rather than the main English channel of 392. I would rather just be able to record all games from LaLiga (or other leage) rather than have to specify certain teams.

skoy2016
Costume Designer
Thanks Peggy and Paul Just tried Gamefinder app. Not too shabby. But, it lists too many games not shown on TV!. Not to be too fussy. There should be an easier way. BTW, I have found a great web site for TV Schedule. Strongly recommend it.

Unable to leave link!!!. Keeps showing REJECTED.

trying again

worldsoccer.com

skoy2016
Costume Designer
Hmmm. Tried both Chrome and Firefox. They won't accept links. Worldsoccer.com also shows world cup schedule.

skoy2016
Costume Designer

skoy2016
Costume Designer

skoy2016
Costume Designer