Bad picture quality hooper 4K vs Applet TV with YouTubeTV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad picture quality hooper 4K vs Applet TV with YouTubeTV

SPHome
Character Actor

Has anyone watched how bad the NBA finals are on Hopper 3 4K with a 65 inch 4K OLED LG TV ? Or French open live telecast ?

you can see high pixels more so when there is a fast action in Basketball and in tennis you can hardly see the ball...switch to same channels in ATV with Youtube TV WoW is an understatement.

i called dish they came twice, did everything possible still the same issue, bad bad pic quality...changed antenna location, changed STB...check all cable.

i even tried Cox counter TV it’s way better and no such effects as above.

BTW signal strength for SAT  129,110,119  is below 50 and 118 is around 35, switch check snows all green checks

13 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Bad picture quality hooper 4K vs Applet TV with YouTubeTV

SPHome
Character Actor

Dear Dish support team, can you please help ?

DISH Employee

Are you seeing this issue happening on on the 4K channels, 540-1 and 540-2, or on all channels that broadcast sports?

SPHome
Character Actor

Not in 4K channels, l talking about all sports telecast they show up much better quality via Apple TV however for channel  7 ABC During NBA final games and Tennis Channel 400 French  open these were really really bad.

DISH Employee

Ok. Have you noticed a similar issue with other programming, such as shows or movies?

SPHome
Character Actor

In general again yes the picture quality is better via Apple TV or Cox cable box...but not that significant as they are not fast moving.

DISH Employee

I would like to take a look at your equipment information to review it. We may need to escalate this to our Engineering Team for review. Please send us a Private Message so we can access your account and look into this with you. 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

SPHome
Character Actor

I am getting error you have reache private message limit

DISH Employee

That is strange. I've looked in our PM system and show that there shouldn't be any issue with it. Please try it once more. Let me know in this thread if the same message comes up.

SPHome
Character Actor

Ok sent